Just picked up my first honda, 1991 Civic HB standard.

BlueHatch91

The car is in decent condition but needs to be cleaned up. I hate the fact it doesn't have a center console or shifter boot. What is the best console for this car? Where is a good place to get a shifter knob as well? One last question, what brand is preferred for spark plugs/wires/air filter/oil filter/oil etc. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

James315

Post pics and as for your question, plugs ngk, wires oem or ngk, airfilter k&n or whatever brand you prefer oil filter and oil filter oem or pretty much anything but fram lol and oil i personally have always run mobil1 in my hondas but thats just my preference and its question you could ask ten people and get ten different answers lol.

BlueHatch91

The interior is a little rough, I cleaned it out today so I will take pics of it tomorrow or friday. After going to do the tune up yesterday, I notice a spark plug covered in oil, my first instinct was to do a comp test.

Cylinder 1 - 160
Cylinder 2 - 180 ( had oil on the spark plug and on top of the piston )
Cylinder 3 - 160
Cylinder 4 - 180

I was worried I had a bad ring or valve seal but the comp test told me otherwise. I decided to do the valve cover and the spark plug seals in the valve cover. I hope that was the issue. The radiator is leaking and I believe the water pump is going (hear a whining sound coming from that side of the motor). It needs the exhaust repaired, cv axle or boot on the passenger side and the rear passenger side wheel grinds, hopefully it's just a brake pad.

I'm currently looking for a 94-00 integra center console and shifter knob to put in the car, the seats are in fair condition for a 21 yr old car.

James315

theres actually o rings down between the head and rocker arm assembly on the spark pplug tube seals that are a very common cause of oil soaked plugs comp test results are pretty good and your car is pretty clean plans for it?

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This:

For some reason these are all over Japan and Europe, but I believe they only came in the wagons in this country.

Or by center console did you mean armrest?

Both are Civic pieces and would bolt right in. I still don't have mine installed though, cars been in the body shop for a month and a half now lol