just replaced brake pads????

sikcoupe98

5+ Year Member
i just replaced my pads today i pumped them in now i have to push at least half way down on my brake pedal to stop...i added more brake fluid too whats the problem??????????

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You didn't unscrew the bleeder or possibly punctured the line??? Any fluid underneith the car while parked? You might just need to get a brake line vaccum and remove air in the lines

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, whenever you force the piston in you're messing up the brake line pressure, so you must bleed them.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bleed em like a stuck pig and you'll be good

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea, whenever you force the piston in you're messing up the brake line pressure, so you must bleed them.
I wasn't aware of this. Does it really mess with brake pressure?

I've changed my brakes several times and each time I've used a c-clamp and pushed the piston slowly back into the caliper. But the pedal has never felt different after every time.

Hmm... At least when I know I lose pressure, I'll know why :lol:.

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wasn't aware of this. Does it really mess with brake pressure?

I've changed my brakes several times and each time I've used a c-clamp and pushed the piston slowly back into the caliper. But the pedal has never felt different after every time.

Hmm... At least when I know I lose pressure, I'll know why :lol:.
i think it would only matter if you push it in to far. Ive only had a problem once and that was with my brothers caddilac this year. Over the 7 years ive been changing brakes thats the only problem ive had with it.