Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpscivic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have been noticing a lot lately that all of the "original" members, the "respected" people who have been on here a while are a bunch of big headed a**holes. I mean come on guys. I know I don't post a lot here, but I get on just about every day, browse around, see the latest topics and what's going on with peoples builds and all I see is bashing, flaming and hating. There are a lot of new members that get bashed before they even get a proper welcome. Everyone was new to a forum once, and I know we didn't all sign up automatically knowing how to operate and use it. I know it's annoying seeing the same questions over and over and, but do you have do be a d*ck head about it? Saying "GOOGLE" and all the smart*ss "if I had a dollar for every time this question is asked" remarks aren't helpful. Some people actually have legit problems they don't know the answer to and need help on, and when they get 8 pages of hate that gets them nowhere. This is supposed to be a helpful community to all, and that's not the consideration or treatment anyone wants or deserves. And nobody wants their thread taken over by some petty argument about something that doesn't even matter.

You know who you are. That's all I have to say. I love this site. Let the hating begin...

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah at one point we were all new...

bpscivic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
exactly what I'm saying. I don't mean any disrespect, but there are a handful of members that just need to check themselves and realize what they're saying. They are not coming across as the friendly helpful people they should be.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i had a dollar for everytime i saw one of these rant threads...

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sometimes I think about explaining why being a website for so many years gives me special rights but then I stop and realize I don't care what you think. Let me know when you get 5+.

Also ninjaedit: I got flamed when I was here 7 years ago. It's the same now as it was then. Don't be dumb and you won't get dumb responses.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
also people need to search before they make a new thread, we dont need 37 threads on "wut muffler fitz my jdm 94 coupe"? its f**king stupid, just beause you are new does not mean we need to baby you and spoon feed your goofy ass when really it takes all of 1 second to search it and really learn somthing. now stop being such a crybaby

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not an "OG" here, but it makes no difference, here's my .02.

2 points to consider:
-Essentially the majority of us are dealing with 10+ yr old platforms of an economy car.
-There isn't much left, if anything, that HASN'T already been done to these cars.
With that being said, with the availability of the internet and the abundance of info out there, there is NO excuse to not search.
The bombardment of ridiculous basic questions blows my mind, even more when it takes me 5 seconds to pull up answers and info on such topics as how to mount a lip, or what bulbs to use, etc.

It seems like there is an entire generation with a lack of any common sense, no patience, and a lack of the ability to problem solve and use some reasoning to figure things out.
When I started messing with Hondas' back in '98, the internet was in it's infancy, therefore the amount of info out there was sparse and searching for things was much harder, but somehow many forged ahead. Kind of makes you wonder how anything got done.:???:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It seems like there is an entire generation with a lack of any common sense, no patience, and a lack of the ability to problem solve and use some reasoning to figure things out.
Ding ding ding. Kids these days are lazy and expect to be spoon fed everything.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ding ding ding. Kids these days are lazy and expect to be spoon fed everything.
That, AND they don't really care to know and learn how things actually work.
Whether it be motor related or simple things such as how trim is attached or removal of a bumper cover.
:roll:

RonJ

Banned
I have been noticing a lot lately that all of the "original" members, the "respected" people who have been on here a while are a bunch of big headed a**holes. I mean come on guys. I know I don't post a lot here, but I get on just about every day, browse around, see the latest topics and what's going on with peoples builds and all I see is bashing, flaming and hating. There are a lot of new members that get bashed before they even get a proper welcome. Everyone was new to a forum once, and I know we didn't all sign up automatically knowing how to operate and use it. I know it's annoying seeing the same questions over and over and, but do you have do be a d*ck head about it? Saying "GOOGLE" and all the smart*ss "if I had a dollar for every time this question is asked" remarks aren't helpful. Some people actually have legit problems they don't know the answer to and need help on, and when they get 8 pages of hate that gets them nowhere. This is supposed to be a helpful community to all, and that's not the consideration or treatment anyone wants or deserves. And nobody wants their thread taken over by some petty argument about something that doesn't even matter.

You know who you are. That's all I have to say. I love this site. Let the hating begin...

This^ is a problem and the staff often fails to moderate this harmful behavior. The comments made by moderator JohnS in this thread underscore this attitude.

With this said, I also agree that new members don't take the time to search for answers before posting a new thread, despite features implemented by JayJay to reduce this problem. It's frustrating, but if a new member's thread annoys you, then just don't post in the thread.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I will say that most people here don't know who I am and I have been here for 6 years. No one knows my first name here and the only stuff i have been "flamed" for here was my signatures way back in the day for being too large and a couple of the old mods nuts. I don't go into the civic section of this forum, I just chill in the off topic section.

Why I would get mad at the new people is the whole search thing. I know since day one of me having a car and wondering how something works or what a common problem I would search google and then car specific sites if need be. Truth is almost everything has been done you could ever think about and that somewhere there is more than likely a how to or a brief explanation. Even my dad who is computer illiterate knows how, somewhat, how to use google search.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh i don't let it get to me

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This^ is a problem and the staff often fails to moderate this harmful behavior. The comments made by moderator JohnS in this thread underscore this attitude.

With this said, I also agree that new members don't take the time to search for answers before posting a new thread, despite features implemented by JayJay to reduce this problem. It's frustrating, but if a new member's thread annoys you, then just don't post in the thread.
My thoughts exactly, i've been bashed for helping out a new guy while everyone else is flaming him

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
well when you get a new person or even a recent member and they ask stupid crap that makes no sense or take two seconds of research to figure out or the times i do help people out they just act stupid and know nothing about cars but want a built motor with boost and 500 hp they can just gtfo. it gets old like the boy who cried wolf.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all the bashing on "kids" my age :oops: ... oh well here goes my rant lol. Its frustrating for me to see young guys like me asking the same questions over and over because for me I learned by doing rather than sitting on my butt waiting for someone to tell step by step what to do. when I was around 10 I was under the car learning how to change the oil. after that I was helping change tires, watching how to do brakes then doing them myself with a little bit of guidance. Prolly one of the best things that ever happened to me was when I got my first car, it was a 91 prelude and that thing was a money bucket! in the 6 months that I had it I had to replace the transmission twice (the second time was cause of a mistake on my part). Every time I got in that car I would be praying that it would start, I learned how to improvise a fix, fix something quickly and how to diagnose what was going wrong. I guess what I'm trying to say is get out there and do work, get as far as you can, search what you can't figure out then after that ask questions

/rant

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I learned by doing rather than sitting on my butt waiting for someone to tell step by step what to do.
Same here. If that didn't work, then I'd ask for help or look up things.
But the thing is, they don't want to know, they just want it done.

its sad really society is raising a generation of lazy f***s that want everything on a silver platter.
Welcome to the Generation(s) of Entitlement!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Everyone here has said it. I'll admit to being a beezy to newbs sometimes, but it's when they ask stupid questions. I try to be nice. But I'm not an OG or whatever.

When I started, I made the same mistake. I didn't know how to research. But honestly, 99.9999999% of issues/questions have been covered on some sort of forum. Hence why I'm part of 6 different ones. Any questions I have had I've been able to find on some sort of forum. It's just super annoying when forums are filled to the brim with stupid questions and repetitive threads.

There's a reason why we tell the new cats to research first. At least you're not on HT... :roll:

If you can't handle the criticism/hating/flaming, get out of the car scene. It's probably not for you.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
phew good thing im not a respected member on here..

i've just gotten to a point where i dont even bother to tell them to search anymore..if i know the answer i just say it to get it over with

Status
Not open for further replies.