Justin's Milano Red EJ8

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had made a previous thread before, but this will be the only one from now on. Anyways Real excited about what I have in store for her! Picked her up with 140,000. Took me months to find something I liked, and this was it. Almost bought a ford zx3 before this. < lol. As far as engine goes, I think I just want to eventually re-build the d16 and go boost. I was thinking about eventually swapping and then boosting it, but I don't want to pour tons and tons of money into it, when I could just boost the SOHC. I kinda like the idea of keeping it "stock" anyways. or maybe I should just swap a stronger engine into it without turbo? :what:

Clay barred and waxed it, painted calipers (yeah, yeah I know), and put on the rims that came with it. How it sits now.

Decided to clean the engine bay. Here are before and after pics:

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A little after Christmas I'll be getting coilovers for her. I was planning on getting Progress CS-II's, but i'm not %100. Function & Forms are in the question too. Any opinions?

I ordered a passwordjdm balanced shift knob and a clutch lock a couple days ago, so hopefully will be getting all that in the mail soon. My friend sticker bombed the inside of his wrx on the center paneling and I was kinda thinking about doing it. Will I regret that? :lol: I love how it looks, just scared of what others will say. haha

civicspencer

Registered VIP
A little after Christmas I'll be getting coilovers for her. I was planning on getting Progress CS-II's, but i'm not %100. Function & Forms are in the question too. Any opinions?

I ordered a passwordjdm balanced shift knob and a clutch lock a couple days ago, so hopefully will be getting all that in the mail soon. My friend sticker bombed the inside of his wrx on the center paneling and I was kinda thinking about doing it. Will I regret that? :lol: I love how it looks, just scared of what others will say. haha
Ya what happened to the other thread?

But looks nice so far,
Who cares what other people think
It's your car man.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.876934,-99.509427

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dont sticker bomb the center console lol, so ricey.

Car is looking good!! Im glad you cleaned her up first before modding it!!!

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
ur ej8 looks mighty nice lol. very clean. sticker bomb the s**t out of your car screw it its your car its whatever you like. i kinda like the sticker bomb look just not when people over do it.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ur ej8 looks mighty nice lol. very clean. sticker bomb the s*** out of your car screw it its your car its whatever you like. i kinda like the sticker bomb look just not when people over do it.
Isnt that the point? :P

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice starting point.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont sticker bomb the center console lol, so ricey.

Car is looking good!! Im glad you cleaned her up first before modding it!!!
Yeahh I'm thinking you're right. I have alot of stickers though, I'm gonna do the inside of my trunk and spray a clear coat over it.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If I lower it an 1 1/2 do you guys think that'd look good? I don't want to rub, but I want to eliminate alot of that wheel gap

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think it would look a lot better with that amount of drop. may rub with full lock turns but i wouldn't expect it to with normal driving. Rubbing will depend on the suspension you decide to use

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think it would look a lot better with that amount of drop. may rub with full lock turns but i wouldn't expect it to with normal driving. Rubbing will depend on the suspension you decide to use
Sweet. A little rubbing will be ok for me. :D

Looks real nice cant wait to see it dropped.
Thanks man! Like your car too I always go to your build thread

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with an 1.5 drop, you wont tuck tire, so you shouldnt rub at all except maybe on the inner wheel wells at full turn. but that can be iffy. depends on wheels setup like width and offset

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
with an 1.5 drop, you wont tuck tire, so you shouldnt rub at all except maybe on the inner wheel wells at full turn. but that can be iffy. depends on wheels setup like width and offset
I'll take your word for it man, you know low!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah not really, well maybe lol but yeah if i remember correctly before i lowered the car its about 1.9" from top of tire to fedner. so you shouldnt quite tuck. but i dont remembe exactly. i know skunk2 springs get you just into tucking and they are like 2.5". it can vary from car to car a little so i would just measure down and see where it sits you. it sounds like the height you want is tein s tech height which doesnt tuck

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nah I want a little lower than those. The tein s techs don't seem to drop it much, so maybe I should go more than what I was thinking.:naughty: I'll just get the CS2s and adjust it more if I have to. I'm embarrassed to drive around my car at the height its at, especially with having those rims and low profile tires

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CS2's aren't the type of suspension meant to go that low. Thats when people start to break things and consider "X" suspension is crap, it leaks, it breaks or whatever. CS2's are for a small drop, they even state that themselves. A lot of other coilovers are valved for a lower drop along with a stiffer spring....and most of those aren't meant for 'slamming' but a more aggressive drop like the 2-3" range.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CS2's aren't the type of suspension meant to go that low. Thats when people start to break things and consider "X" suspension is crap, it leaks, it breaks or whatever. CS2's are for a small drop, they even state that themselves. A lot of other coilovers are valved for a lower drop along with a stiffer spring....and most of those aren't meant for 'slamming' but a more aggressive drop like the 2-3" range.
Yeah I saw that they say that. So Child do you think that they can handle 1 1/2 - 2 inches or not? Should I go for function & form type 1s?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They can handle the 1.5" - 2" no problem. That amount of drop might be a little bit higher than what you said you wanted. Id say the function and forms if you can get them at a decent price, a koni/gc setup might be better if you know the spring rates you actually want instead of settling for the average 10k front/ 6k rear setup with most mass produced coilovers. In my opinion, 10k/6k is great for the street and being low. At a moderate height is a bit too harsh for no good reason.

I suggest riding with someone who has aftermarket suspension (if possible) to see what feels comfortable to you McGhee everyone is different. Suspension isn't (or shouldn't) be "one size fits all"

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^agreed. see what you like and look for as many opinions as you can. I personally have skunk2 pro s. they hard very harsh, but go super low and dont blow out. so im happy with them.

see if you even want to go low, its not for everyone