K&N Drop in???

DC5GUY84

5+ Year Member
Just got my filter in today, just wondering if there are any problems with it. From the other reviews ive been reading on intakes on how it makes the car run rich and so on and so on...?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its OEM replacement quality + added performance. you didnt go wrong with buying it

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you might have to give your car time to adjust with the 02 sencers and stuff because its getting better air flow, but it will be fine

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no did u get an intake system or just the filter. cuz i got the filter for my car and i noticed a diffrence right away and it helped my gas out just a little bit but hell with these gas prices every penny helps. and i might be getting this http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-1014TS if anyone has this let me know if its a good choice and if it has the nice tone to it or am i better off getting a diffrent one,

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
drop in is better than spending 200-300 on a freaking pipe and filter on the end.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
drop in is better than spending 200-300 on a freaking pipe and filter on the end.
yes and no, while it might reduce heat soak by retaining the stock tubing, you got to remember that the stock airbox is very restrictive, lets not forget that the best thing that has been done intake wise is to mod the stock MAF housing for the Si's, and put a cone filter on then, alot better gains done that way then just a freaking drop in or a reg intake that is mass produced with no real research into A/F ratio's like the xfactor had done to it, and lets not forget those who mod there own MAF housing with great gains.

chrispy201

Banned
just pick up a k&n drop in felt the difference right away well worth it all you get from cai sri is a noise

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just pick up a k&n drop in felt the difference right away well worth it all you get from cai sri is a noise
how bout a period in there somewhere?

anyway,

K&N = :thumbs up

easy to clean, does the job.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
enjoy your 92% filtration rate and extra 1hp. I hope its worth the future engine problems. if you want quality, stick with a filter that doesnt have big holes in it, like the SW1 foam filter or even a regular paper filter with 98% filtration. AEM dryflow is also superior with micronic filtration 99.5% better than oem. Only difference is aem got smart and dumped their entire stock of useless cotton gauze filters. I wish K&N would go out of business already. But i guess when you spend so much on advertising, people believe everything you tell em.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
enjoy your 92% filtration rate and extra 1hp. I hope its worth the future engine problems. if you want quality, stick with a filter that doesnt have big holes in it, like the SW1 foam filter or even a regular paper filter with 98% filtration. AEM dryflow is also superior with micronic filtration 99.5% better than oem. Only difference is aem got smart and dumped their entire stock of useless cotton gauze filters. I wish K&N would go out of business already. But i guess when you spend so much on advertising, people believe everything you tell em.
..coulda just said you didnt like it :lol:

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm still undecided on K&N. I raced 4-wheelers GNCC for a while and nobody used K&N because if you did, your rings would be gone pretty quick. I realize that a street car is not going to see the same amount of dust as a quad but it makes you think... I always liked Twinair.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
where i lived for 5 yrs, farmland, there was so much dust in the air that you could wash your car, come back an hour later, and the car would be covered in dust that you had to wipe it down with a cloth again. i used a K&N filter for 2 months, after which my check engine light came on for vtec malfunction and the car was idle funny. I pulled off the solenoid and found large grains of sand in the filter screen. opened the intake pipe and found thick dust all over the inside of the pipe. my iac valve was also clogged from the dust and oil. I changed to a weapon-r SW1 foam filter with foam oil, 2 yrs later for fun i opened the intake pipe, there was no detectable amount of dust, my iac valve was spotless, and vtec solenoid screen was completely clear. if thats not proof idk what is. same driving conditions too.

Magic420

5+ Year Member
So the K & N Drop in Air Filter benefits the Cars in what way? HP gains? Healthier Engine? what does it actually do?