K series

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidsamston

I am DM Kid Samston
5+ Year Member
i was wondering if it was possible, without to much trouble, to put a K20 or a K24 civic engine in my '95 4dr? i am pretty sure it will fit but i dont know if it will fit with the K series standard transmission attached.

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude itll fit but theres alot of extra s**t you gotta get/do. it costs more then putting in an itr motor.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
k swap will run you about 6k, and THAT is just only the motor and the extra parts needed.. if you let a shop do it for you its going to run you almost 8k to install professionally...

now, unless you have very nice hook ups or alot of money, k swap is most likely out of the question for you...

91turbohatch

5+ Year Member
yeah like he said u dont have the moneyfor a k series . build what ever motor u have up and boost it thats ur best bet

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was wondering if it was possible, without to much trouble, to put a K20 or a K24 civic engine in my '95 4dr? i am pretty sure it will fit but i dont know if it will fit with the K series standard transmission attached.
no, its not for the rookie tuner. plan on investing a few weeks and maybe about $10k

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes it is, but i have a solution!

answer their question asap, and the thread gets solved fast. so when others search they can find what their looking for and not have to make a new thread over the same old s**t!

its bullet proof!

hahaha

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
keep on topic.

but this has been covered many times before, so please search.

jdmgsRrrr

5+ Year Member
day. Spend this winter saving money, and researching every aspect of the swap and u should be able to start next spring. get a Daily Driver.
K- Series is way too f**king over rated. Get a GS-R or H Series off H motors Online...Or just boost a single cam.....

dd i just compare the K to a H??:alcoholic

as for the overrating the K series.....try daily driving a B series with 260whp, iv seen it done with a k, its his daily driver

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dd i just compare the K to a H??:alcoholic

as for the overrating the K series.....try daily driving a B series with 260whp, iv seen it done with a k, its his daily driver
all motor k-series with the average builder are making 235whp! thats good enough for 11's in a CRX. get that with any b-series or d-series with basic bolt ons and minor headwork. i'd love to see that.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
really? can u please show me a dyno graph and a mod list capable of 235whp all motor on a GSR with a stock block? please. also, dont forget to show how much torque its making.

this is VERY simple. you are incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
u seriously have two posts in this thread that have no mention at all of "K-Series" I'd suggest closing the thread, or let us debate.

kidsamston

I am DM Kid Samston
5+ Year Member
ok, so K-series isn't the way to go. and with extra parts it sounds like that makes room for more things to go wrong. i thought about a GSR but i thought a civic engine would be less trouble, looks like not. all i want is an N/A, i like turbo's but not for my daily driver. i am looking at around 220-250 whp, is that possible in a N/A?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ok, so K-series isn't the way to go. and with extra parts it sounds like that makes room for more things to go wrong. i thought about a GSR but i thought a civic engine would be less trouble, looks like not. all i want is an N/A, i like turbo's but not for my daily driver. i am looking at around 220-250 whp, is that possible in a N/A?
250 very possible, real easy in a K, more work needed though in a B, including upping the compression will help.

kidsamston

I am DM Kid Samston
5+ Year Member
250 very possible, real easy in a K, more work needed though in a B, including upping the compression will help.
yeah i am not going to go with a K, i like the B18's. or would an H22 or F23 be better and a little easier to reach 220-250 whp?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yeah i am not going to go with a K, i like the B18's. or would an H22 or F23 be better and a little easier to reach 220-250 whp?
H22 shouldn't be too hard to acheive, hell they're not that far from 200 to begin with.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u seriously have two posts in this thread that have no mention at all of "K-Series" I'd suggest closing the thread, or let us debate.
its not a debate thread, so just stay on topic

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if you want 220 - 250 NA and you want to Daily Drive it, K-Series is your only choice. you'll be hard pressed to get 220 whp in a GSR without building both the head and the block rather extensively. you can get that EASILY in a k20a2 with just bolt ons and cams. Not to mention, you'll be lucky to see 135 ft lbs of trq with that GSR. 160 ft lbs/trq should be no problem with the k20. the choice is clear. all the money you'll spend building that GSR, you could spend on a bone stock k20 and a few extra swap parts. and what you'll have is a more powerful, more reliable, lower mileage swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.