K20 into 1999 Si?

-hotdog

5+ Year Member
Is it possible?
if it is, I know it will be a lot of work, but im woundering how much.?

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yes it is possible and has been done many times Prices will vary from shop to shop.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^ I doubt it, unless you have around 6k to drop...which again I doubt you do.

Ej6buddy

5+ Year Member
expect over $6,000 in the full drivetrain and misc. parts and equipment alone. Then add how much your shop wants to charge for their labor. So, in other words, a lot for a civic. Unless you get a deal on the motor and install it yourself.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
and if you get a k20, save and get a k20z3, and not a k20a.

Ej6buddy

5+ Year Member
and if you get a k20, save and get a k20z3, and not a k20a.
Why do you say that? The K20a out of the FD2 chassis is a pretty great platform if you ask me. But some of the K20a's are a waste of money as far as bang for your buck. The only reason I would get the Z3 is if I had to go through emissions.

-hotdog

5+ Year Member
Why do you say that? The K20a out of the FD2 chassis is a pretty great platform if you ask me. But some of the K20a's are a waste of money as far as bang for your buck. The only reason I would get the Z3 is if I had to go through emissions.
they dont bug us here. As long as you have your Cat on your exhaust your fine

00hondasi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its cool what u do bro, but my friend has a k20a in his 00 si, it cost him over 7g to put in including labor, plus not including misc parts he needed to finalize the swap. IMO i'd just get a jdm itr b18c swap, cheaper and easier swap. Thats just my opinion, good luck with whatever u do bro. Later.

-hotdog

5+ Year Member
Its cool what u do bro, but my friend has a k20a in his 00 si, it cost him over 7g to put in including labor, plus not including misc parts he needed to finalize the swap. IMO i'd just get a jdm itr b18c swap, cheaper and easier swap. Thats just my opinion, good luck with whatever u do bro. Later.
its still a possibility. im not set on it. The thing with that is, i can turbo my engine now and be bumped that i have boost, or i can swap it, be pissed that i dont have boost, then end up spending more money on boost lol

-hotdog

5+ Year Member
well if you have that much money to throw around just k-turbo it? haha
o im tossin the idea around in my head...
i doubt ill do a swap and turbo though. i gotta pay back student loans...but hey, when you're makin a bit of money a week :roll:, and got no bills, f**k it eh?

stupidguy10

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f**k i wish i was makin that kinda money....kinda when ur still in college tho.....sucks being a broke college student with a broken down civic hah

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea why does your Si have a d16?? unless you have the canadian civic Si..

Anyways, yea the k20 has been swapped many times into diff civic chasis. Its alot of money tho, so if you go that route, just do the swap yourself if you can.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
f**k i wish i was makin that kinda money....kinda when ur still in college tho.....sucks being a broke college student with a broken down civic hah
my life, put into a sentence. but good luck with this build you plan on

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2300 is a joke. you wouldnt be owning a civic if you made that kinda paper. dumbass

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
o im tossin the idea around in my head...
i doubt ill do a swap and turbo though. i gotta pay back student loans...but hey, when you're makin 2300 a week, and got no bills, f**k it eh?
Why the hell would you tell everyone what you make at your job?? Either you’re lying and just trying to make yourself look a hot shot or you’re the most ignorant person on this website.

-hotdog

5+ Year Member
Why the hell would you tell everyone what you make at your job?? Either you’re lying and just trying to make yourself look a hot shot or you’re the most ignorant person on this website.
maybe both, but i aint lien. i did it all summer and going back to in in jan...
i just want you guys that say i cant do it cause i dont have the money to f**k off...thats all.
And i am drivin a civic cause im student and it seems logical...

and theres a D16 cause its a canadian car..it sucks but o well...hopefully something will change here soon.