K20 swap expensive?

ku_yugioh

5+ Year Member
I was thinking about buying a 1992-1995 Honda Civic Si (hatch) shell and buying a k20z3 and putting it in. The motor is like $2000-$3000(includes mount and everything to do swap) and the shell should be no more then $1000. How much is the swap if I take it to a shop? Is it hard to do the swap? Also is there anyway for me to keep the power steering and ac. I want ps and ac because it makes life more easy.

JosephColy

5+ Year Member
I was thinking about buying a 1992-1995 Honda Civic Si (hatch) shell and buying a k20z3 and putting it in. The motor is like $2000-$3000(includes mount and everything to do swap) and the shell should be no more then $1000. How much is the swap if I take it to a shop? Is it hard to do the swap? Also is there anyway for me to keep the power steering and ac. I want ps and ac because it makes life more easy.
one of the hardest parts of any K-series swap is the wiring and ECU issues. with a lift and some hands a guy could do the physical part of the lift in his garage, getting the engine to start and run correctly is another story.

if you're going to spend that much money, and dont want to have to deal with going to a shop often, or getting someone to tune your setup extensively. i would go with maybe a turbo'd/sleeved LS, a very very nice B20/B16 hybrid, or go WAYYYY out of the box and throw in an F20 bluetop. =)

Thebearded_1

Total n00b
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmmm.... You may not want to go with the k series.... I heard that they're not as totally awesome as 00 si with headers, intake, and exhaust.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmmm.... You may not want to go with the k series.... I heard that they're not as totally awesome as 00 si with headers, intake, and exhaust.
WTF? 00 SI with bolt ons is slow as ****

Thebearded_1

Total n00b
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WTF? 00 SI with bolt ons is slow as ****
Hahahaha, man, obviously you haven't checked in to this dudes other threads about how he races his "00 si with intake, headers, and exhaust" he says the previous statement at least four times throughout the same thread. I'm not usually ever an ass to people on here, but this guy NEVER takes the advice he asks for and ALWAYS does the exact oposite of what he should. Read some of the other posts and you will reallize that ku-yugioh is truly too fast.... Too furious

cvnig89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont you have another thread like this.... anyway wrong section

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The 2-3k quote you have that includes "mounts" is for stock mounts, which are not swap mounts.

Realistically, to do a k20z3 swap, you're looking at a minimum of 5000 just for the motor, trans, ecu (kpro alone is $1000), mounts, axles, radiator relocation, shift linkage... etc.

It's not uncommon for K swaps to average 7000ish with all the top-notch parts to go along with it.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hahahaha, man, obviously you haven't checked in to this dudes other threads about how he races his "00 si with intake, headers, and exhaust" he says the previous statement at least four times throughout the same thread. I'm not usually ever an ass to people on here, but this guy NEVER takes the advice he asks for and ALWAYS does the exact oposite of what he should. Read some of the other posts and you will reallize that ku-yugioh is truly too fast.... Too furious
:smackself O yeah! lol didnt look at the username

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
im not usually mean to people especially on here but enough is enough. im sick of readin threads from this kid. ku-yugioh should be banned from this forum for real. most of the questions he asks are pointless. even if people are taking him seriously and answer his question he doesnt take anyones advice, nor listen to them. he cant even put exhaust manifold bolts on his b16 head without stripping out the stud threads on the head. how in the **** does he come up with this post?? sorry i just dont take this kid seriously. dude ku-yugioh from all the other threads ive read that youve created, theres no way in hell i would ever take another one of them seriously!! this is a bogus thread your probably posting this to get attention. although a k20 would kill your friends celica since thats what you care most about. "beating him is about your pride and your ride" or "moddin a car not a want it a need" are the reasons why you wanna build cars? get a new hobby man. THEBEARDED_1 knows what im talking about.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol easy guys...just read his NAME
YUGIOH
if anyone doesnt know what that is i think about every retard or nerd plays this battle game its like POKEMON haha forget this dude and seriously he needs banned or a huge IBS (internet b***h slap in case you didnt know yugioh..and you dont have the money for a swap your dreaming and waking up and posting countless POINTLESS no good worth nothing but wasting you time and giviing us laughs..do your own research from now on!! and say goodbye to clubcivic

Thebearded_1

Total n00b
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not usually mean to people especially on here but enough is enough. im sick of readin threads from this kid. ku-yugioh should be banned from this forum for real. most of the questions he asks are pointless. even if people are taking him seriously and answer his question he doesnt take anyones advice, nor listen to them. he cant even put exhaust manifold bolts on his b16 head without stripping out the stud threads on the head. how in the **** does he come up with this post?? sorry i just dont take this kid seriously. dude ku-yugioh from all the other threads ive read that youve created, theres no way in hell i would ever take another one of them seriously!! this is a bogus thread your probably posting this to get attention. although a k20 would kill your friends celica since thats what you care most about. "beating him is about your pride and your ride" or "moddin a car not a want it a need" are the reasons why you wanna build cars? get a new hobby man. THEBEARDED_1 knows what im talking about.
Well as anyone who read his celica race knows, ku-yugioh can shift and drive like unwrapping a candle... L O L hahahahahahahahahahahaha

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOL at this guy and his threads
But yeah its hard to take anything this dude says as anything other then a joke
Best thing to do is :ban: