k20a vs Supra & firebird

white89hatch

Polar White ED6
5+ Year Member
amej8 said:
I don't remember exactly but when the guy did his first run with the car, he ran like a 13.4 or something. Low to mid 13's. Then he finally got the launch/shifting down and by the 3rd run, he was in high 12's.

And there is a huge difference when it comes to just a tenth of a second. Try racing a car that's only a tenth of a second faster than you. You're gonna be pissed that he's just walking you like you're not even moving.
I think your talkin about this k20 hatch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc5R0FYAH8Q

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
this video has gave me so much inspiration:whip: <---thats what that k20 did to that firebird....damn i cant wait until the day that can be my in my coupe...

deftone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like the supra was about to beat him from a stop then he let off before he got passed

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he left off at 120 though.... who races really past that ?

blare

I only race from a roll.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love that s**t, pure ownage son.

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
deftone u have a point..no wonder i stop at 120 ... cant go past it lol

blare

I only race from a roll.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
going past 120 is just retarded..if you gotta race to 150 or higher to beat someone why race?

deftone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cause its fun. they make production cars that go 200mph... if your car goes faster then 120 and your in BFE then why not

bolisticSI

look under the hood first
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blare said:
going past 120 is just retarded..if you gotta race to 150 or higher to beat someone why race?
I used to have an H22 in a 97 coupe and didn't race past 120. but i sold that and got a 94 supra and now i am chasing vipers on the highway at 165. when you can go that fast and the car handles fine why not, its an adrenaline kick in the ass!!!!!!

24-7 said:
The people on supraforums is the car is untuned on a 72mm turbo and another is saying he knows the people and it was setup. But the firebird, now that was a true KILL!!!!!!

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blare said:
cause the people with "fast" cars will make it there quicker therefore going faster will make the race for them about as long as it is for us to hit 120.

bolisticSI said:
The people on supraforums is the car is untuned on a 72mm turbo and another is saying he knows the people and it was setup. But the firebird, now that was a true KILL!!!!!!
i though i read something on supraforums.com about it just being a BPU+ supra. i dunno maybe not.

iCivic

EJ8 in the making...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea the supra thing had to be fake or it had to be a NA supra, TT supra would kill a k20 hatch

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Once I reach a 120 in my daily driver with ease. It's going to be time for an upgrade (s2000 or NSX) LOL!

TypeSwede

Swedish Pancakes!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice Vid! The supra one might be fake, I just can't see a Civic with 203whp beating a 400hp supra or w/e he claimed. Might also be fake, because the guy put his car up for sale on Honda Tech right after the video came out (ish), with links to it and everything.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont know...that supra looked as if it didnt have the power it claimed it had...my friend has a turbo gsr and hit 12.9 on street tires, and raced a supra claiming to have 400hp and the race was way closer...