k20a2 in 2000 civic si

k20civic1015

5+ Year Member
has anyone put a k20 in a civic yet i have and it was easy and i will not go back to a b-series motor ever so if anyone needs info hit me up i will be posting pics within a little while.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
....waiting for pics

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are only a few people on this site with K-swapped cars. Its the latest yet also the most expensive so not all of us can afford it. If you're looking to give info on K swaps k20a.org would be a good place seeing how all they are about is the K-swap.

welcome to the site

k20civic1015

5+ Year Member
k20 swap

well i thought i would be some help but i guess u dont want that and by the way the k20 swap aint all that expensive. u spend all kinds of money on different b-series motors just put that money toward a k20 but like i said just trying to help

k20civic1015

5+ Year Member
k20 swap

i traded a type r motor with skunk2 cams and valvetrain for a complete k20a2 then to put it in my 2000 si i paid 1800.00 dollars then the motor was in and running

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of motor mounts did you use? / lets see some pics i call bs :shock:

habitat307

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i hope to do a k swap someday, but i want an ej hatch to put it in first... hurry up with these pics man. less talk more rock

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice and let me be the first to do this: ;)
:nopics:

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k20civic1015 said:
well i thought i would be some help but i guess u dont want that and by the way the k20 swap aint all that expensive. u spend all kinds of money on different b-series motors just put that money toward a k20 but like i said just trying to help
little over reacting... I tried to swap K20a this time last year. However I'm a college student supporting myself. 6K for a motor and everything to install costs about 3K, if you by decent parts. If you go USDM you can probably keep the swap below 5.5K if your lucky and swap yourself. However, working 3 months a year I didnt have 9K laying around for a new motor... Not saying your help is unwanted. You just seemed like you really wanted to help people swapping K-series so I was trying to point you in the right direction because not to many people like I already stated have 6K to drop on a motor swap.

tricked_civic

5+ Year Member
wow K series swap for only 1800.00 kind of hard to believe but if that is all you spent i am all ears cause i am fixing to order a K series motor out of a type r and i am looking at 4500.00 plus 350.0 for frieght shipping not including the motor mounts wire harness and axles. in matter of fact here are the prices that i have gotten so far on everything else wire harness 350.00, motor mounts 599.00, and axles this is the tricky part 0-200 horses 400.00, 200-400 $700.00, and 500 horses + well now it is saying call to get price but the last time i checked they were 1500.00, now this isn't including the extras that may be needed, i am sure you were not able to use the existing radiator but if you were please let us know

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need stage 2 axles, dont even mess with stage one because you will snap them! dont forget these parts too... B/D series coolant temp sensor and fan switch (should have already), Header, Air intake,OEM RSX shifter Box or Modified Accord shifter box, Shifter Cables, Shifter linkage Clips, Custom fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator, Fuel Rail, Clutch line, EP3 pulley and belt (if retaining AC & OEM belt). These are all the extra parts you need to swap into your civic, along with the obvious stuff, engine, tranny, ECU, engine harness, harness conversion, charging harness, motor mounts, axles, and rad. hoses.

If you call hybrid racing, www.hybrid-racing.com, they were going to get me stage two axles, AEM V2 intake, and everything you need to swap, minus motor, tranny, and ECU for like $3K. By far the best deal I could find

tricked_civic

5+ Year Member
SiRcivic27 said:
you need stage 2 axles, dont even mess with stage one because you will snap them! dont forget these parts too... B/D series coolant temp sensor and fan switch (should have already), Header, Air intake,OEM RSX shifter Box or Modified Accord shifter box, Shifter Cables, Shifter linkage Clips, Custom fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator, Fuel Rail, Clutch line, EP3 pulley and belt (if retaining AC & OEM belt). These are all the extra parts you need to swap into your civic, along with the obvious stuff, engine, tranny, ECU, engine harness, harness conversion, charging harness, motor mounts, axles, and rad. hoses.

If you call hybrid racing, www.hybrid-racing.com, they were going to get me stage two axles, AEM V2 intake, and everything you need to swap, minus motor, tranny, and ECU for like $3K. By far the best deal I could find
that is where i am purchasing all my equipment to do the mod only i am going to save on shipping since i only live about 1-2 hours from them no need to pay the expensive shipping charges when i can just bring a truck and pick it up myself for alot cheaper anyway i want to take a tour of the shop he has there and get a few pointers from them

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
tricked_civic said:
that is where i am purchasing all my equipment to do the mod only i am going to save on shipping since i only live about 1-2 hours from them no need to pay the expensive shipping charges when i can just bring a truck and pick it up myself for alot cheaper anyway i want to take a tour of the shop he has there and get a few pointers from them
I'm glad to see you are considering us for you K swap needs!

To the gentleman that posted this topic, not to flame, but I have a hard time believing you got the engine and everything you need for just $1800. I do K swaps for a living and it cost me more than that to do my swap!
Just to clear it everything up, I post up a little information about the K swap, and a required parts list.

K20A3 - 02-05 Civic Si engine / RSX Base
160hp 140trq 5 speed trans
K20A2 - 02-04 RSX Type S
200hp 142trq 6 Speed trans
K20A - 02-05 JDM Integra DC5 Type R
220hp 152trq 6 Speed trans w/LSD

Part needed...

Engine
Trans
Shifter cables
Shifter Box
ECU( JDM DC5R, KPRO, K100 reflash, ect)
Swap Mounts
Swap Axles
Conversion wiring harness
Header
Intake
Clutchline
fuel pump
fuel rail
fuel lines
fuel pressure regulator
radiator hoses
(If you dont want to knotch your hood)
EP3 drive belt, pulley and PS delete bracket
Electric Fan
Coolant temp and thermo unit sensors
Custom mid-pipe / CAT

Other parts that make life easier but not NECESSARY
Shifter relocation box
Radiator relocation bracket
Aftermarket thin radiator
Traction bars

I might be leaving some things out..if anyone has any questions about the swap feel free to ask!!

Oh and post some pics of your swap..until then I'll have to throw the BS flag.

The swap parts are going to run you around $3,000 or more, and the engine is around $4-6,000. To say its not cheap is false information.

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DigitalShift said:
I'm glad to see you are considering us for you K swap needs!

To the gentleman that posted this topic, not to flame, but I have a hard time believing you got the engine and everything you need for just $1800. I do K swaps for a living and it cost me more than that to do my swap!
Just to clear it everything up, I post up a little information about the K swap, and a required parts list.

K20A3 - 02-05 Civic Si engine / RSX Base
160hp 140trq 5 speed trans
K20A2 - 02-04 RSX Type S
200hp 142trq 6 Speed trans
K20A - 02-05 JDM Integra DC5 Type R
220hp 152trq 6 Speed trans w/LSD

Part needed...

Engine
Trans
Shifter cables
Shifter Box
ECU( JDM DC5R, KPRO, K100 reflash, ect)
Swap Mounts
Swap Axles
Conversion wiring harness
Header
Intake
Clutchline
fuel pump
fuel rail
fuel lines
fuel pressure regulator
radiator hoses
(If you dont want to knotch your hood)
EP3 drive belt, pulley and PS delete bracket
Electric Fan
Coolant temp and thermo unit sensors
Custom mid-pipe / CAT

Other parts that make life easier but not NECESSARY
Shifter relocation box
Radiator relocation bracket
Aftermarket thin radiator
Traction bars

I might be leaving some things out..if anyone has any questions about the swap feel free to ask!!

Oh and post some pics of your swap..until then I'll have to throw the BS flag.

The swap parts are going to run you around $3,000 or more, and the engine is around $4-6,000. To say its not cheap is false information.
Yeah i agree with you that its hard to believe that he got everything for his swap for 1800, but didnt he say he traded a type R motor for the motor, then paid another 1800 on top of that to finish his swap? i ono, still seems pritty low, but thats just my 2 cents.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got no proof.. but I am calling bs. If he did a swap, he would've post some pix.

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pineapples said:
I got no proof.. but I am calling bs. If he did a swap, he would've post some pix.
werd you and me both call bs :lol:

:bs: