k20a2 in 2000 civic si

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
k20civic1015 said:
i traded a type r motor with skunk2 cams and valvetrain for a complete k20a2 then to put it in my 2000 si i paid 1800.00 dollars then the motor was in and running
1. Why would anyone trade a B18C5 w/cams for a stock Type S swap? Not only is the Type S worth more in my opinion, its going to be way faster than any B series swap.

2. You paid $1800 and the engine was in and running.. did you get 90% of the parts free? It's just not possible to have the all the parts, and labor to have it installed and running.

Show proof.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DigitalShift said:
1. Why would anyone trade a B18C5 w/cams for a stock Type S swap? Not only is the Type S worth more in my opinion, its going to be way faster than any B series swap.

2. You paid $1800 and the engine was in and running.. did you get 90% of the parts free? It's just not possible to have the all the parts, and labor to have it installed and running.

Show proof.

Wait wait wait a second the hybrid-racing shop is less then an hour away from me and i never knew that?

tricked_civic

5+ Year Member
FRODO said:
Wait wait wait a second the hybrid-racing shop is less then an hour away from me and i never knew that?
Frodo they are in Mandeville,LA and i am in lafayette which is within driving distance not sure what part of Mississippi you are in but yes you are also pretty close to them also lol

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tricked_civic said:
Frodo they are in Mandeville,LA and i am in lafayette which is within driving distance not sure what part of Mississippi you are in but yes you are also pretty close to them also lol
Man that is just gay. If i would have known that i would be over there chilling...I am in Biloxi. The coast..like 45mins from NO.

tricked_civic

5+ Year Member
yep and looks to be that someone that works there is also on this message board which is cool. i have done many motor swaps my first was with a chevy s10 and learned the hard way, now i research before i buy and i have done plenty of research to know i will be going through hybrid racing for my motor swap needs :D if i am not mistaking they also have a dyno wooohooo i don't know of any company here in lafayette that has a dyno so i will be going to other cities anyway considering i will be in car shows again

do_0b

5+ Year Member
k series swap for a em1 is a waste of money imo. unless like you bought it with no engine and need to drop one in anyways

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k20civic1015 said:
i traded a type r motor with skunk2 cams and valvetrain for a complete k20a2 then to put it in my 2000 si i paid 1800.00 dollars then the motor was in and running
So, did you notice a performance gain?

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
woah bs until pics, lemme get done putting in my F20C1, in my civic

im being sarcastic

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
tricked_civic said:
yep and looks to be that someone that works there is also on this message board which is cool. i have done many motor swaps my first was with a chevy s10 and learned the hard way, now i research before i buy and i have done plenty of research to know i will be going through hybrid racing for my motor swap needs :D if i am not mistaking they also have a dyno wooohooo i don't know of any company here in lafayette that has a dyno so i will be going to other cities anyway considering i will be in car shows again
We have put getting the dyno on hold for now, we're in the process of building a new faclity in the Baton Rouge area. Once we're in the new shop we are going to start getting everything in order and possibly move a dyno in.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, we are here to help with whatever we can.

As for the gentleman who has a K20, I wonder what he would've said if someone had actually asked a question. lol It would've been a shame for him to make up things... :roll:

Anyway, it goes to show you that making things up doesnt count.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man i will have to take a trip to the shop when it gets done...would be cool.

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
Your more than welcome to visit us now, I'll take you for a ride in my car and we can put all the rumors to rest. =)

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol sounds good. then maybe we can see about some K pro for my K20 :lol:

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
FRODO said:
Lol sounds good. then maybe we can see about some K pro for my K20 :lol:
Absolutely, we are working on 2 EM2 cars right now that are both getting K20/K24 swaps. You need to get a KPRO and a Type S head...then you'd be kickin like kung foo. =)

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^that is my long term plan