key plastic removal?

EKFour

hey cc, i need to remove the plastic part to my key (98 dx without a chip) and it doesn't seem to just slip out like i had hoped, would I have to cut it off of some sort? any help would be appreciated!

DTvn

I'm trying to do the same thing or find a all metal flat key so I can put it in my wallet as a spare

EX Coupe 98

Registered User of What?
HI,

I would just cut it off with a box knife. :smoking1:

~D

kaxgeo

I'd just spend the $2.00 and go to your local locksmith and get an all metal one made. Ive had a hard time getting anything but a plastic heas at Walmart, Homedepot, ect...

EKFour

Thanks for the info guys! I heated the plastic with a heat gun and kind of scored the outside of the plastic a bit and it popped right out. If anyone was wondering what this was for, I made a Lug nut key =)

EKFour

Here a pic of the final product. I bought the blox lug nut key kit and a blox black chrome lug nut. I put a key I got from Home Depot in the adapter, screwed it in, put a stud through the other side, drilled a hole and done!

EKFour

I haven't weighed it but its not that much. Definitely wont break it! The only thin I had to do was loctite the key into the lug nut because it would unscrew when I'd turn of the ignition. It perfect now!