Keyless entry wont work

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Today I tried to open my car as usual with my remote, but it wouldnt work. I tried with both of the remotes I have, and the led light blinked on both of them. I ended up having to open my car with the key itself and setting off the alarm. So I went in and disconnected the security system which is hooked to the radio. Has anyone ever had this problem before, or does anyone know what it might be. Thanks.

ersatz0906

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hello, Ive seen shave door knob and also the key. But I;m wondering if the keyless entry f**k up how can you open the door? thank you (I'm new to that kind of business so pls enlighten me =) )

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
N1, is it a stock Honda keyless entry system? if so, i didnt know that they had a real alarm part to it....i dunno tho. anyways, if its a stock keyless entry.....have you done any work on your car lately? like disconnect the battery/audio work, or any other electrical work? if so, its possible that the radio lost power and locked itself. which could cause teh keyless entry to fail. this is cuz the keyless entry is wired thru the stock radio unit....which is gay...but thats how honda did it...oh well.

i dont know if any of that made sense, or if its any help. keep us posted.

oh, and ersatz0906.....first, please try to type coherently. second, thats one of the drawbacks of shaving your doorhandles. you can always just leave the trunk keyslot and crawl thru the trunk into the car. lol

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes it is the stock system that came with the car. To open the doors I used the key which sets off the alarm and then I removed the horn fuse until I could unplug the security system form behind the head unit. I reset the radio and security system by unplugging everything, but I've had to do that twice already. My head unit is not even screwed in right now so I can just slide it out to reset it. I have put in pioneer speakers all around in my car and I think that is the problem. The stock head unit does not have enough power for that. I'll be getting an amplifier soon though, do you think that will help?