Kiki's Build/progress thread.

Kiki

So it's been a while I know its not a teg, but I sure do miss my teg..
Hope you enjoy...This is my progress so far..

My goal with me getting this Civic was to keep it as stock looking as possible, keeping it a "sleeper".I was sick and tired of being paranoid to go to sleep/getting pulled over all the time lol..

My last days with the teg plus my new "Sleeper" lol

Motor out.

;)

Off to the scrap yard -_-

Now on to my new love.. Her name is "Monica" lolol

So I drove Monica around for a couple of months on account of the amazing gas mileage from the single cam! :D Then the day before the swap I think I spun a bearing, go figure!

Finally in there!=)8)

Stock exhaust wasn't working to well with the swap, so off to the exhaust shop.Decided to go with 2.25" straight pipe with a flex pipe to a Thrush muffler,

LOVE the way it came out because the muffler is basically hidden so all you see is the tip from behind to maintain that "stock" look.. =)

So everything was going good...Couple weeks after the exhaust and swap I was messing around with a buddy and missed a gear and noticed a bad ticking after. I tought I had bent a valve in cylinder #2 because in the compression test it was off by 100 psi lol.

Time for a new head, didn't wanna deal with taking the head off replacing valves so I just picked up another head...Got a DEAL and 1/2 ,Picked up a head with Brian Crower Dual Valve springs & retainers and Brian Crower Stage 2 404's..VEDDY NICE! lol . Of course got a new head gasket and ARP head studs.

noice

Cams

Head off

Arps in

New head had 3 cam cap bolts broken off in the head..Talk about a HEADACHE :roll:

(y)

So this is the first start up...idle was really rough, had to advance the timing on the dizzy to get te car to stay on lol...
(CLICK TO WATCH)

Idle's like a beast sounds so mean!
(CLICK TO WATCH)

Had to baby it for a couple of weeks until i got my Hondata S300 and jumper harness from Rywire (y)

So as of right now running and idle is kinda rough but once you step on it, it pulls hard! Still need to grab a little bit more stuff like fpr and gauge and fuel pump..then time to get it tuned. Ill keep you guys updated, hope you enjoyed and all comments are welcome.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What happened to your teg?

Kiki

The body was a mess a real bad dent on my 1/4 panel (someone hit me) and the frame where the door hinges are was all messed up it was just a mess time to move on i stripped it and then junked it

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
It's all about the sleepers! Great build! You should post a video of it on the go!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Poor teg. But, liking the swap in the hatch.

Kiki

Thanks everyone and it is getting street tuned once i get my wideband,fpr, and gauge..and ill post a vid when i can lol

Kiki

It's all about the sleepers! Great build! You should post a video of it on the go!
need to keep it a sleeper so i dont attract attetion from thieves and police -_- id get pulled over at LEAST once or twice a month in my teg lol