killed a itr yay!

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyway i've been pwning my friends 96 dx hatch and yesterday the f**ker just went out and bought a itr. it's bone stock cept for a welded on muffler piece. anyway he said he will kill me now. anyway he lives in the country side so we hit up this 4 lane highway about 1 mile stretch (they cut it off because they made a new brigde hiway there). anyway race from a stop so i lauched at about 4500 rpm feathering it down. the first time he got me but not by much (his 3rd gear during vtec is pretty wicked). anyway we did it 2 more times and i took him. his front bumper was to my side mirror in first, pull him a lil in second (his bumper is to the end of my first door, then he creeps back up in third to almost my mirror then when my vtec engage we don't go anywhere anymore lol.. so pretty much he's just to my side mirror all the way from mid 3rd to like mid 4rth (i usually don't go over mid 4th in a race). anyway the whole time i can hear his vtec engaging earlier than mine. correct me if i'm wrong but dont' the itr engage at same time the b16 does? mine engages or rather you can hear it exactly 6k rpm

hollywood217

Say it with me....GON-JA!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what's done to your car?

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
92 lx, b16a2 sir2, skunk2 manifold, dc 4-1 header, msd sci 2 (rev limiter removal - i still just shift out at 8200 rpm though), itr pistons, skunk2 stage 1 cam shafts, no name intake, cat back exhaust system, ported head, and just other smaller misc stuff. why? supprised?

hollywood217

Say it with me....GON-JA!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shinobi said:
92 lx, b16a2 sir2, skunk2 manifold, dc 4-1 header, msd sci 2 (rev limiter removal - i still just shift out at 8200 rpm though), itr pistons, skunk2 stage 1 cam shafts, no name intake, cat back exhaust system, ported head, and just other smaller misc stuff. why? supprised?
I'm a little surprised but anyway I thought that a b16a2 was a USDM 99-00 Si engine?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
shinobi said:
eh, then you guys should be running pretty dang close......

give him a few months to get used to his new car and mod it a little, then race him again ;)

you spent a shitload of money on that car to only be running high 14's low 15's though.....

Last edited:

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hollywood217 said:
I'm a little surprised but anyway I thought that a b16a2 was a USDM 99-00 Si engine?
no it's a jdm, hence the sir2 and the usdm ones are the 99-00 si. at least that was when they were introduced into the civics.

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your block says " B16a2" then its a usdm motor that was introduced and in the 99-00 civic SI....its not jdm

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pop-n-fresh said:
eh, then you guys should be running pretty dang close......

give him a few months to get used to his new car and mod it a little, then race him again ;)

you spent a shitload of money on that car to only be running high 14's low 15's though.....
yeah actually i did. i'm running low 14's mostly in the 14.3's, but you say it like it's very easy to get into the 13 range when it's actually not. swap will help but it depends on the condition of the motor. anyway with all the money spent into the motor i don't regret one penny of it. cept for the dc header, if i waited like 3 weeks later i would of got it for 2/3 of the cost. but damn how was i know they were gonna go out fo business

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
racerx661 said:
if your block says " B16a2" then its a usdm motor that was introduced and in the 99-00 civic SI....its not jdm

hmm.. damn i never really looked at my block but i'm pretty sure it's a jdm. got it from hmotorsonline.com and the vtec is LOUD unlike the american si ones. anyway i should go check the block just fo see.

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shinobi said:
hmm.. damn i never really looked at my block but i'm pretty sure it's a jdm. got it from hmotorsonline.com and the vtec is LOUD unlike the american si ones. anyway i should go check the block just fo see.
b16a3 came in 95-97 del sol VTEC
b16a2 came in 99-00 civic SI

there is no such motor as a b16a2 or a3 that is classified as JDM...if was only for north america

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats on the kill...VTEC kicks in at 5500 rpm's on the B16A2...

Listerman

CCSC #52
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cars: JDM 92-95 Civic SiR2,93-95 Del Sol VTEC

Mileage: 35,000-45,000 miles

1595cc (DOHC VTEC)

Horsepower: 168hp@7800rpm

Torque: 116lbs-ft@5200rpm

Compression: 10.4:1

Bore: 81mm

Stroke: 77.4mm

OBD: 1

Redline: 8200rpm

Other Specifications:
Country Specs: Japan-specifications
Engine Code: B16A G2 (Japan Domestic Market)
Swapped From: JDM 92-95 Civic,93-95 Del Sol VTEC
Produced: 1992-1995 in Japan

b16a1 - 4th gen civics - sir
b16a2 - 5th gen civics and del sol - sir2

the b16a2 in the 99-00 si's are the USDM motors.

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
StanghaterCivic said:
Ur Vtec Comes In At 6k?? Whoa I Thought On A B16 It Came In Bout 5k
just checked when i went for a smoke, it's a b16a, and yeah even if i said b16a2 i know it's a jdm. anyway yeah you can hear the vtec at 6k. anyway when i bought the motor from hmotorsonline i asked the same thing cuz i thought 6k was kinda late too and they said that the vtec actually engages twice. once at 3k then at 6k i never heard of this yet and i can't hear any sound that sounds similar to my vtec at 6k so i dun really know wut they talking about. clue me in if there is such a thing.

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
??? wtf are you talking about, "SIR2" that's the jdm one for the 92-95 civics (5th gen). where'd you get 1st gen from

Listerman

CCSC #52
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im pretty sure the stamp on a b16a2 says b16a2 not just b16a. and if im right then u have a 1st gen b16a which was first put in a 4th gen civic. the b16a was known as the SIR (88-91), then came the b16a2 was the SIR2 (2nd version fo the motor, hence the 2, 92-95), then the USDM B16a2 (99-00 SI)

correct me if im wrong cause i could very well be

Last edited:

hueman

Son of a b***h Must Pay
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice kill. i'm surprised you didn't kill him a little better, since the itr should be running low 15's high 14's.