kits

nigizy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are body kits meant to fix on exactly right? If not how would I get it too? I have a lil gap between the front bumper and the head lights. how do I fix it?

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they probably arnt gonna fit exact.
justintyme cut his and rebonded it

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not all kits are a perfect match, it all depends on where you buy it from, what kind of kit it is, etc...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some are made to fit perfect...all depends on where you order from...as far as fixing it....I have no clue what to do...sorry.

nigizy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a show off 1 front bumper and combat sides and rear. can the place where a get it painted cut it and rebonded, or can some one else do it?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know places do it...just go to a body shop....im sure any of them will fit the kit for you.

BlackDX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when you say cut and rebound...do you mean like the edge of kit is half inch off from headlight. Cut that edge off with like dremel then set it how it needs to be place and then glass in the gap and smooth it out? Never heard of that and just curious.

Sorry to thread jack,

00CivicGirl

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take it to a body shop..mine does the same thing but its not that noticeable..its aftermarket tho..most never fit like OEM unless a body shop molds it or does a hellified job on it

munky

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you get a true JDM one, and not some cheap knockoff one you see in a magazine and think it looks cool (pretty much what you got).. then there is a big chance of it not fitting right. For some of those knockoff ones you might have to remove your 5mph crashbar..
but your prob sounds something like something that a body shop should be able to fix.. but if it's not too bad.. then i wouldn't worry about paying the cost to fix it

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jon i didnt think you came to CC no more, when do you plan on installing the rear and sides?

tribal dude

the Outsider
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your kit doesnt fit make up some brackets to fit the kit in place...im doin it to mine

civikskilz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some do some dont, i just got mine from Advanced Import Tuning they go thru all the measurements and test fitting to ensure proper fitting. www.aitracing.com but yeah body shop can more than likely modify it to fit for u

AZSprmnn

From AK to AZ to AK to OR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t even my oem duznt fit like oem...haha. but yeah i had a friend with a cougar get a kit....that thing didnt fit good at all, and it was really ghettoly put on at the body shop! so he got a new one, fit even worse! sides flared out, and we cracked the paint squeezing it so it didnt flare as much, so he finaly opted to have it glasses straight to his fender....