knocking noise inside door panel

b18c/type-rhead

5th gen coupe handler
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
before i start my car there is a knocking or clicking inside the drivers side door panel, when i turn on my car its still there and it stops when i just play the cd player, has anyone experienced the haunted clickings in the civic?

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
r u sure its from ur door panel?maybe the noise dissapeers when the cd player is on b/c it drowns out the noise. maybe ur cars haunted lol

93delsol

Polar BAER
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if the noise starts when you turn the key to on it is one of the electronic components in your door. It could be many things. You could have a bad ground on your stereo or on the speaker. If you have power windows it could be the switch or a relay of some kind. Does the noise happen when your key is on accessory? if it does this should narrow your search to items that only work when the car in in accessory mode. Also if this is the case it is most likely related to your audio system because that is in the door and is active as soon as the key moves to accessory.

Please tell me what you find and repost.

b18c/type-rhead

5th gen coupe handler
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it clicks when my car is completely off i hear it when i come up to the door , and maybe its haunted damn sik civic im way scared now.

93delsol

Polar BAER
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So it makes noise when your not even in the car? or it's clicking when you are in the car.... what happens when you shake the door quickly?

Try that

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
punch ur door panel but not hard enough to break iot that usually werks for me and other stuff

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by sik_civic
punch ur door panel but not hard enough to break iot that usually werks for me and other stuff
:laugh:

b18c/type-rhead

5th gen coupe handler
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its freaking wierd if i press the automatic lock it goes away for a second, but yeha i can hear it when i walk up to my car the clicking of death

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
weeeeird. i hear strange noises from my door panels every once in a while as i drive, but like sik_civic said, i just hit the door panels and it usually goes away. 8)