koni yellow spring perches

stupidhard

BOAT KNIGHT!
ok so been looking at the yellows, i can see everyone here likes them with the GC coil overs but i read that the spring perches on the shocks for the front and rear can be lowered 35mm and 25mm respectivly. is this true that you can adjust the spring perch on these shocks or was the discription refering to application with coil overs.

my vehicle is a 95 dx coupe. going to upgrade wheels to 16x7 +40 offset with a 195-50-16 tire. i figure the dang tire is going to be so big, do i really need the ground control kit? aftermarket rims + zero drop= looks kinda silly.

thanks all,
-chris

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes, you can adjust the ride height with just the Konis. The spring perch they come with sits on a circlip on the shock body. You can move the circlip up or down in 2-3 preset settings on the shock to adjust the ride height. It's not very easy to adjust considering you need to remove the whole suspension and pull apart the springs from the shocks to do it. In other words, it's a pain in the ass.. But it is possible. But you may want to really research and understand how this works before doing it. If you use lowering springs that drop the car a lot to begin with, then set the spring perch height on the Konis at their lowest shock setting, the car could sit too low and you may either sit on the bump stops or hit them often when driving.

As far as the tire size, you should really be using a 205/40R16 tire. Don't use the size you mentioned.