koni yellows and..?

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
alright.. so good news for me on my income tax return. i'm gonna start looking into suspension so i can finally drop my car.

i want the ability to adjust the height which is why i'd like to stay away from lowering springs and looking more for coil overs. i also see that robear racing is selling koni yellows for $500 shipped.

i was going to do the Ground Control / Koni Yellow setup but that comes out to about $900 total and i'd still need a camber kit and whatnot.

through robear racing, i can get koni yellows w/ omni power coils for about $700 or even koni yellows w/ megan coils for $600. would there be any advantage to this route instead of doing full omni power coilovers which go for about $650?

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
koni yellow :yummy:

hkt03

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so stick w/ koni yellows and some coils instead of doing full coilovers?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hkt03 said:
so stick w/ koni yellows and some coils instead of doing full coilovers?
That's what I did, I got the eibach pro kit springs. Everyone is like "omg! I can't believe eibach pro kit dropped that much" I'm like, it didn't - you can adjust where the spring sits according to the shock. And after that ppl are like :shock: But as far as personal experience, I love it. Ride height, adjustibility, handling, everything about koni yellows are teh sex & thats also why they're like $500 +

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what do u plan on using ur car for ?

hkt03

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
daily driving.. nothing fancy, just dont want to be snow plowing in the winter but i want to be that low in the summer.

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
X3

I have Neuspeed/Koni Specials, basically Yellows, but a special variant (and no i honestly dont remember the difference anymore, its been a while).... and i love them. I have them mated with Neuspeed Sport Springs and it feels wonderful!

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think any spring and konis are nice. i guess it all depends on the drop. i got konis and gc and i love it. i understand thats too much for you. get sportlines or h&rs maybe? get progressive tho, the ride will be amazing. linear springs are too rough of a ride.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

super_nguyen

5+ Year Member
Zak8022 said:
X3

I have Neuspeed/Koni Specials, basically Yellows, but a special variant (and no i honestly dont remember the difference anymore, its been a while).... and i love them. I have them mated with Neuspeed Sport Springs and it feels wonderful!
the difference is that the neuspeed version has 5 different spring perch heights, where as the regular koni yellow has only 3, also the neuspeed has a shorter shock body and stiffer valving, also it costs more and the koni lifetime warranty doesn't apply to the neuspeed versions.

CacheHX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so the neuspeed version is tons better but they dont have a life warranty??

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
super_nguyen said:
the difference is that the neuspeed version has 5 different spring perch heights, where as the regular koni yellow has only 3, also the neuspeed has a shorter shock body and stiffer valving, also it costs more and the koni lifetime warranty doesn't apply to the neuspeed versions.
Yea, thats the ticket.

If you shop around you can get them for the same price. I think i paid around 450 for mine.

hatchoo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how much lower can you adjust koni yellows? for some reason i thought you can only adjust it upwards :mrgreen:

RoBear Racing

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
super_nguyen said:
We do offer lifetime warranty on all NEUSPEED/KONI SP3!!!

www.robearracing.com