Ksports just arrived

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I placed my order for the Ksport kontrol pro coilovers and lower control arms through jlbmotorsports9great guys to deal with, email for fastest responses) and received them today. I got them in 4 buissness days, very happy with fast shipping. Heres some pics to drool over.

this piece unscrews from the shaft of the shock allowing more or less height adjustment

Hopefully Ill have them installed by tomorrow. These are the most adjustable set of coilovers ive ever seen. Professional quality all the way.

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im currentley doing a build but wondering how much you paid?

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cant make the images bigger hosting blows. Looks good from what i can see.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They look nice.... Make sure you give us some updated pics and tell us how you like em when you get them on.

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
defvayne:
yea i know i tried all the links and the small were the only ones that worked, sry

Ls-HatchBoy:
750 shipped for the 01-03 coilovers 140 shipped for 01-03 control arms, us dollars

joe7987:
will do, hopefully ill get some better pics too

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice! did you know that Ksport is a local company in phoenix. They have great reviews on azht.net

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The company is in AZ but there s**t is from Thailand. :lol: but i still love them.

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea theyre in chandler a few hours from me. everyone on honda tech loves their products to which is why i choose to go with them over tein. They had such great reviews it didnt make sense paying almost twice as much for the tein stuff.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Those are really nice.

anyone have HFP lowering springs on their 7th gen with pics? isn't the drop from the HFP like 1.5"? i want a drop just not too low, and not too pricey.

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I didnt get it done today because i was running all around town trying to find the tool needed to remove the 3 bolts on the oem rear control arms. Long story short Honda doesnt even know what size type or how to remove the bolts. I hate the dealers. So I ended up improvising and here is what i used. Worked great especailly since you dont used the bolts again. A vise grip wont work I tried that it just strips the bolts.

hondas mystery bolt they dont even have a part number for it

craftsmen #13 stripped bolt remover-love these tools

the back end is still too low for me so tomorrow ill be spending more time adjusting it.

The highest postion raised the car above stock height. When lowered down to 1 inch above the last thread on the shock shaft I couldnt get the car off the jack it sat so low. Right now im at 2" above the last thread and it sits over the tire as shown in the pics above.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are they really orange? I thought it was color balance until I seen the jack.
Anyway:thumbup: :nod: :nod:

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea me too but the arms are black on cars that have the steering rods that connect to the spring assembly. so for us they are black.

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what size are your rims and tires? also that piece that unscrews for more height adjustment what exactly you do? just turn it or is there any specific thing? i need new coilovers desperetly. my B+g are shot to hell and dont know what the hell to get.

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sspem2:
i got 18" rims with 215/35/18. i just drove 400 miles on them set to the softest setting and it was a wonderful ride. The cars not bouncy at all very comfortable ride. The piece that unscrews is actually 2 pieces and you just unscrew them to lower and tighten to raise very simple. The tools needed are supplied by ksport. the only tool you will need to rent is to remove the tie rods for the steering system.

Now that ive gotit alligned and to the proper height ill get some more pics.

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
please get more pics because i wanna see the drop with ur wheels because i got 18s as well.

hondagriff

Banned
Where and how do you mount the freak'n bracket for the brakelines on these strut coilovers. I got this wierd looking piece for a bracket and I can't make heads or tail of the damn thing.

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Where and how do you mount the freak'n bracket for the brakelines on these strut coilovers. I got this wierd looking piece for a bracket and I can't make heads or tail of the damn thing.
the brakets wont mounts to the new struts. i just zip tied mine onto the strut they wont come loose.

when you set the ride height you adjusted it through the bottom right. the spring should always be under tension even when not installed on the car. here is another link that might help you during your installation. if you didnt recieved instructions with your kit email ksport and they will mail them for free.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=128354