kyle97charlie's ej8 built for the first time!!!

kyle97charlie

68% right 100% of th time
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Guess not lol. There are a few around that look the same as that. I've been to Scotsboro to work on some cars.
Whose cars in Scottsboro?? I might know them.

I like the matte black vinyl wrapped roof. :thumbs up
Thank ye sir!

the roof is awsome, great idea, i wanna do the roof on my car now, all the side peices on my car are black, and roof is red 0_o kinda stupid looking, im so gonna rape your idea
Can't rape the willing. But srsly, get in touch with Zach Lewis on Facebook, tell him Kyle Putman sent you. He is the one who wrapped mine.

jhar_EK

word
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
definitely looks good man...very clean sedan

kyle97charlie

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My J Line wheels will be here in about two weeks.

Super pumped.

kyle97charlie

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
let's get some updating out of the way...

i had a totally new exhaust put on..

i replaced my old stock exhaust/ fart pipe.. which was beat all to hell

and got this

annddddddd new wheels today.. as i promised..

yes, that's me being a "ghey"

removed stickers, windshield strip, and SiR headlights(finally found a good deal, well i think 200 bucks isn't bad)

Before:

After:

civrex

5+ Year Member
just when i think it cant get any better it just did all i can say is WOW!!!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have been tossing around the idea to wrap my hood and roof for well over a year now. My hood has so many rock chips, it looks like it constantly has snow on it and the roof has clear coat failure bad. The previous owner never cleaned the car and NEVER put wax on it so the sun and elements destroyed the roof. I can't afford paint at this time so vinyl is my next option other than spray bombing it and I don't really want to do that.

How much did the vinyl run you? How long did it take and how hard was it?

Looking good by the way! It is amazing how much of a difference coil overs make.

kyle97charlie

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just when i think it cant get any better it just did all i can say is WOW!!!

Thanks!

I have been tossing around the idea to wrap my hood and roof for well over a year now. My hood has so many rock chips, it looks like it constantly has snow on it and the roof has clear coat failure bad. The previous owner never cleaned the car and NEVER put wax on it so the sun and elements destroyed the roof. I can't afford paint at this time so vinyl is my next option other than spray bombing it and I don't really want to do that.

How much did the vinyl run you? How long did it take and how hard was it?

Looking good by the way! It is amazing how much of a difference coil overs make.

my buddy has a tinting company... he charged my 120 to wrap it, material included.

BUT he bought a whole roll for around 600 bucks.

if your paint isn't smooth, the wrap will MULTIPLY how noticeable the paint defects are.

That's my fair warning.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks!

my buddy has a tinting company... he charged my 120 to wrap it, material included.

BUT he bought a whole roll for around 600 bucks.

if your paint isn't smooth, the wrap will MULTIPLY how noticeable the paint defects are.

That's my fair warning.
I figured that it would show the flaws in the paint. I am planning on sanding the dead clear off the roof before doing it and I am not sure what to do about all the rock chips in the hood so I will have to do some thinking/researching before hand.

There is a local shop that does vinyl wraps for work vehicles and advertising. I don't see why they couldn't do just a matte black hood/roof wrap. I might swing by this week and see what they quote to do it and what they think about the chips and if it will show after the vinyl is applied.

Thanks for the reply.

kyle97charlie

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no problem! I'm telling you now, the chips will show. lol..

just know that what my friend charged me was hella cheap.

a full vehicle wrap is at/around 2 grand or more.

so I imagine you can paint it for what you can wrap it for..

BUT i opted for the wrap.. because it's removable

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Those J-lines look good man. How much did you get them for? and what are you dropped on? Coming together nice though man I like it!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no problem! I'm telling you now, the chips will show. lol..

just know that what my friend charged me was hella cheap.

a full vehicle wrap is at/around 2 grand or more.

so I imagine you can paint it for what you can wrap it for..

BUT i opted for the wrap.. because it's removable

$2k?!!?! That is expensive. You are right, I can definitely paint for that much. With our hook up at work through the local body shops, I could get it repainted the same color for $1k-$1500, I think. I was thinking it would be a couple hundred at most for the hood and roof wrap. Going to definitely have to get a price quote and then maybe rethink the whole thing.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JLINES!

Car looks great! And to the idiot that said to paint the lip, f**k off!

Roof wrap looks good! All u need is new mirrors and deck lid spoiler!
I'm jealous. Maybe I need to start modding my fodo...