laws?

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so....i got taillight tint on my black 02 civic and i think it looks nasty...my friend has a spray gun and it isnt a shitty job so dont diss... does anyone no the laws on them in New Hampshire or anywhere? will it pass inspection or do i have to go c the right person?... let me no...

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
pretty sure its illegal, but with the right inspc. guy, you can get away with just about everything minor

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
call your local police station

OVNi_CIVIC

Revise
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pretty sure its illegal, but with the right inspc. guy, you can get away with just about everything minor
and still get pulled over for a fix-it ticket.

2000 EKCivicEX

i VTAK
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think its illegal here but my friend had tinted tails for awhile and they really didnt bug him

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Illegal in the US.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How tinted are you talking, as long as your taillights are still some shade of red and your reverse lights are clear you should be fine.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, as long as you can tell there's tint on it then there's a good chance you'll get a ticket for it. Maybe the cop won't pull you over for it, but if you were pulled over for another reason, you're probably getting a ticket.

OVNi_CIVIC

Revise
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, as long as you can tell there's tint on it then there's a good chance you'll get a ticket for it. Maybe the cop won't pull you over for it, but if you were pulled over for another reason, you're probably getting a ticket.

thats what i'd think too.

Tinted tailights might look "cool" but really, if people cant see your brake lights and rear-end you, you WILL get a ticket, and as far as insurance goes, you could face a lawsuit.

I suggest removing the tint altogether, for your safety and others'.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hell, I worry about people not noticing my brake lights are on with my totally stock taillights.

TAZ_FERIO

7th Gen Civic
5+ Year Member
Its illegal in almost every state however the chance of you getting pulled over for that is small. Now a days in a lot of states they are moving away from "fix it tickets". Instead what they are moving to now is a illegal/ dealfty equipment atleast that is what they are doing in my state (washington).