leaning 6th gens

civicracing98

im a cc whore :/
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do any of your 6th gen civics slightly lean to the left side of the vehicle, my car has never been wrecked, and my whole suspension has been redone, but the damn thing stilll leans a 1/4 inch to the left, im guessing an arm may be bent, has this problem occured to any of u?

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Same here. I have coilovers on my 99 and had to adjust accordingly. Now its fine. I strongly suggest making sure your car is accurately adjusted for handeling reasons. Not sure why it leans.

civicracing98

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my eibachs arent adjustables, do u think it would even out if i got KYB adjustables and brought the left side up a little more than the right, or do i need to go get more suspension work?

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kyb agx adjustable shocks? I have those and they are great. Springs are what hold the car up and shocks are what supress the bumpy ass road under it. You may also have the wrong spring in on the left side. The front spring is intended to hold more of a load since the engine is up there. If you put the rear spring up front it wont support as much and therefore lean to the left.

civicracing98

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea those KYB's are tight. na im not worried about the springs being out of match, its just i see quite a few civics that have that lean and some dont, maybe it was honda's error when building the car, i talked to a welding guy about gettin a spacer made for the left rear which would solve it, those rubber spring spacers didnt do s**t but fly out when the spring would expand on bumpy roads

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
engine sits more to the driver side which may cause some leanage. do a RHD conv. and it will lean to the passenger side, or the driver, whatever. this may be the cause, cuz mine does it too. no steering problems with me though. is that a problem for you!

zville00SI

CC's Smart ASS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicracing98 said:
do any of your 6th gen civics slightly lean to the left side of the vehicle, my car has never been wrecked, and my whole suspension has been redone, but the damn thing stilll leans a 1/4 inch to the left, im guessing an arm may be bent, has this problem occured to any of u?
Maybe ur just a fat ass.......

j/p man, hasnt happened to me

civicracing98

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mymmeryloss said:
engine sits more to the driver side which may cause some leanage. do a RHD conv. and it will lean to the passenger side, or the driver, whatever. this may be the cause, cuz mine does it too. no steering problems with me though. is that a problem for you!

RHD conversion would be tight, it leans in the rear tho, not up front, yes my car slightly pulls to the right, no biggy, it test out fine on alignment machines

civicracing98

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
zville00SI said:
Maybe ur just a fat ass.......

j/p man, hasnt happened to me

yea man i think the guy who owned it before me was a fat f**k and bent the left arms lol

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the rear? check the spring heights and widths to see if the springs for the front are on the back and vice versa. i bet thats whats up

civicracing98

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tru, the funny thing is, i notice alot of stock civics (6th gen) that are this way

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
g2 check mine again. mine leans to the front. check tire pressure, foo.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do u have pics of ur car? looks real nice...and clean!
hook it up

civicracing98

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i kno pressure adjusments wont fix my problem, i think ill have welder dood make me that 1/4 inch spacer to put over the stop of my struts

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn dood. do u have any...? fifth times a charm..lol