leave it stock? or mod this rare powerplant?

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Grafix said:
lol 210hp for type r? lol cmon wher eu getting those numbers from...:lol:
i thought thats what he said, right?
HypeR Hatch said:
this is the 210 jdm versions not the 197 usdm. i'm going to the 1/4 mile this sunday to see where i'm at as far as a time to judge it by. according to that i'll see how much i want my goals to be at. i'll post up some times and trap speeds after the weekend. thanks for all the suggestions. i've had a ls turbo before with 240 whp and 220wtq. guess i should have mentioned i want the biggest bang for my buck for around 6-700 $. so i feel like a moron for not saying that before..

HypeR Hatch

5+ Year Member
i thought i read somewhere that the jdm type r b18 c was rated at 210 and the us type r b18c was rated at 197? so i take it there's no truth that there is a difference in the 2?

* If there is any difference will someone specify?

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's a difference

the JDM motor have 11:0:1 compression and the usdm has like 10: x: x compression.

In other words the jdm motor has more compression.

HypeR Hatch

5+ Year Member
ok so i think it's supposed to be like 195 for us and 200 for jdm with the higher comp. ?? is there any difference other than the comp. within the heads or not? its a 98 spec.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
200Hp 134Trq 11.1 Compression(JDM)
195Hp 130Trq 10.6 Compression (USDM)

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm, i think they showed the boosting of a ITR in honda tuning a while back...

collins2006

5+ Year Member
I have the same motor and I was going to leave it stock but you get used to the speed and you want to build it once you start building it then your going to be fast for awhile but to tell you the truth id just turbo it it can hold it pretty good prob around 5-8 psi without hurting it..