locked my keys in my car..HELP PLEASE LOL

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
me and my friend got them...the keys were sitting in the center console in that pocket right behind the shifter, i have a pole with a magnet on the end and i taped that onto a coat hanger and got the keys out the door that way....

and then i went to home depot and made myself a spare! LOL

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i used to lock my keys in my old truck all the time, the hanger is the best way to do it

ak_thrylls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea, slim jim doesn't work on 6th gens. also, since you got power locks, easiest way is to get a hander, stick it through the weatherstripping and pull the power unlock. my alarm autolocks my doors when i shut them, last time i shut the door w/the car running but luckily the sunroof was open. i got in my car 007 style!!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tools
1. Flashlight
2. Wire coat hanger

Bend the wire coat hanger so that it's straight and long, and make a small hook on the end of it.

With your fingers move the weather seal away from the window. Once the rubber is removed or prised away enough, shine the flashlight down toward the locking mechanism. You should see a metal 'arm' coming off the inside of the lock. Use the hook on the coat hanger to pull it up sharply. This will release the lock and the door should open. If up doesn't work then push it down. To get a bit more access if need be, you can get a second person to pull the door metal out slightly - DON'T bend it!

This will work if you persevere. Otherwise call a locksmith, or if you have AAA or any roadside assistant they will do it for free.

By the way, where is your spare :lol:
if you ever come to my town let me know so i can hide my car from you :lol: