Looking for some imput

xWIREMANx

Best Buy installers are MECP certified

Doesn't prove a thing.

tell me...
mr car audio expert...

whats an aperiodic membrane?
whats the difference between phase and polarity?
whats OHM's law?
whats a multiplex circuit?
whats the pro and cons of a 4th order bandpass?
whats the difference between a Butterworth and Linkwitz-Riley crossover?
So what are you saying? That Best Buy installers are no good so all MECP installers are only as good as the worst Best Buy installer? That is a little judgemental. Granted that there are alot of hacks that work there since they will hire anyone, but that doesn't mean that there isn't anyone that works there that doesn't know there stuff.

I will answer your questions truthfully with no google.

1. Aperiodic membrane's I don't really know much about since I have never got into box building that much. I have always mainly built standard sealed enclosures and the occasional vented box when they want it loud and don't care for SQ

2.Polarity has to do with the way the sub is electrically wired such as + and -. Phase has to do with the wavelengths of the speakers. Such as If you have two subs in the trunk and both of them are facing the rear of the trunk but one is X amount of distance closer to the back the wavelengths could cancel each other out resulting in basically no bass.

3. OHM's Law is the set of equations I use everyday to do my job. It is how you determine things like how to wire up subs to an amp for the right load like the say the mono block amp is 2 ohm stable and I have four
4ohm subs. So the correct way as to not damage the amp would be to series the first two into an 8ohm load and series the second two for an 8ohm load then parallel them to have a 4ohm load thus being in the safe range for the amp. Is that specific enough for you? Or the amp has a 40 amp fuse in it and the car's voltage is at 13.5 volts so how much can the amp possibly put out. The answer would be it couldn't produce more than 540 watts.

4. Multiplexing is sending multiple signals down one wire to do diff. things. Example would be one wire locks on a chrysler where X amount of ohms to ground to white/green wire locks the vehicle and X amount of ohms to ground to white/green wire unlocks the vehicle.

5. 4th order bandpass falls once again in my week spot completely understanding box's. Here is what I can explain. Pro's of a 4th order in my easy way of thinking would be tuning a box to a specific frequency, much louder than a sealed box and less power needed to achieve that. Con's would be not the best for SQ over a sealed and a much larger box.

6.Crossover's at that level I don't really get into either so you got me there. I just know the basics of passive and active and what components and values of the components are used to make them.

Those answer's may not satisfy you but like I said in my other post is that just because I'm master certified doesn't mean that I'm better than everyone else or that I'm right and you're wrong. But it does mean that I'm not a spring chicken either. I know people who are not certified or ever have been and they know alot of things I don't and are in some areas a better installer than me. Electrical wiring and some circuit design is more my strong point than anything. This thread started out as someone needing advice. My reply was an opinion between the two brands mentioned and what i thought. It wasn't meant to say that I thought you didn't know what you were talking about.