Looking into getting a 2002-2004 SI, what can you tell me?

lobogris

Speedy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi members, I was looking into buying a 2002-2004 SI but first I would like to know what can you tell me about it? That shifting stick looks a little odd where it stands but is it comfortable? Is this a fast car? I know it only has 160hp but does it run good? How do you like the overall handling of the car? I saw this add from a guy selling a black SI 2002 for $12000, no mods only 18 wheels.
What do you think is $12000 a g00d deal, the car he sells has 50,000 miles.
At first I was looking to buy a 99-00 SI but man, here in S california this cars cost the same if not more than some of the newer SI's.

Thanks

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a friend of mine had one, but sold it. i wanted to buy it, but couldn't. it is a sweet car, and the shifter is actually comfortable. i really liked it, but 12,000 was out of my range.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a bad ass car man. the engine is a very good enigne. you can do some basic bolt ons and will give you a lot of power gains with it. its nice. i drove one and i like how the shifter is and where its located. it pulls pretty good too. i would get it if i were you.

jamesd_21

5+ Year Member
its a nice car man... i especially like the seats and the shifter.good gas mileage too. but thing is, it handles just like a regular civic. but the rear seats are roomier than the regular ones though. Overall i'll give it 8.5 out of 10...

lobogris

Speedy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any other SI owners? Anything bad you see or don't like about your car?

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The only thing i like about the EP3 is the seats..

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think u should wait for the 06 ;)
umm and we have some nice em1's for sale on this site..and from cali...
so i woul ddef. take a look at them

i rathe rhave the 99-00 si than the 02-04 si ;)

lobogris

Speedy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
i think u should wait for the 06 ;)
umm and we have some nice em1's for sale on this site..and from cali...
so i woul ddef. take a look at them

I am sure this 06 will be pretty nice but I can't afford to buy it brand new. I am looking at this 2002 Black/Black with 50k miles and 18'' rims for $11,500. What do you think? should I jump right to it or is this still a so, so deal?

Thanks
Greg

lobogris

Speedy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:

Why? :???:
I have been looking around and I have found that many 99-00 sell for the same if not more than this 02 SI I found.

If the price is the same, I would not mind getting a 02-04, but I would like to hear about your reason to support your statement above about your preference for the 99-00?

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hes saying the 99-00 because of the body style

my friend has a ep on a 65 shot and its pretty quick. never drove it but everyone says that the shifter is confortable. I love the interior

lobogris

Speedy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
krayziejcs said:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=62862

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=62816

not bad deals, i just picked rand0m ones that i found on the cars for sale. 11500 for 02 with 50k miles sounds too much to me

Really, why? I thought newer SI would be more expensive. I have been looking around and this 02 SI's sell for at least 14000,No?

What is the difference between 99-00 and 02-04? I am curious since I have encounter some "oposition" about buying a 02.

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i'm sayin thats a lot cuz I've seen a lot of those here in miami going for 10-11,500k with a lot less miles

The reason why I dont like the ep3 SI's is because i dont like the way they look at all, their performance compared to the 99-00 SI is not impressive (stock for stock of course)

lobogris

Speedy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
krayziejcs said:
well i'm sayin thats a lot cuz I've seen a lot of those here in miami going for 10-11,500k with a lot less miles

The reason why I dont like the ep3 SI's is because i dont like the way they look at all, their performance compared to the 99-00 SI is not impressive (stock for stock of course)
Really, not too bad of a price. Man, here in souther california cars always seem to be a little overpriced. I am telling you this 02 SI is one of the cheapest I have seen here in s cali.

I do like them, and yes its true as far a performance it is the same thing but I would rather go for the newer model if they come down to the same price.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lobogris said:
I am sure this 06 will be pretty nice but I can't afford to buy it brand new. I am looking at this 2002 Black/Black with 50k miles and 18'' rims for $11,500. What do you think? should I jump right to it or is this still a so, so deal?

Thanks
Greg

lobogris said:
Why? :???:
I have been looking around and I have found that many 99-00 sell for the same if not more than this 02 SI I found.

If the price is the same, I would not mind getting a 02-04, but I would like to hear about your reason to support your statement above about your preference for the 99-00?
why?
well why do u think the 99-00 cost the same as the 02-04?
do u no tthink other people also realize that an older car costing the same as a reasonably newer car might have something to do with OH I DUNNO maybe the older one is better?

Personally, i like the coupe much better than the minivan, and that's why i would go with the coupe....

but u should go with what u feel u would enjoy the most...surely newer car would be a better peace of mind..so go with that if it please u..;)

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lobogris said:
Really, not too bad of a price. Man, here in souther california cars always seem to be a little overpriced. I am telling you this 02 SI is one of the cheapest I have seen here in s cali.

I do like them, and yes its true as far a performance it is the same thing but I would rather go for the newer model if they come down to the same price.

well if its like that then go for the 02 then, good luck :thumbup:

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u should also tell us what ur plans r for the car..whether ep3 or em1..
will u b modding it?

lobogris

Speedy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
why?
well why do u think the 99-00 cost the same as the 02-04?
do u no tthink other people also realize that an older car costing the same as a reasonably newer car might have something to do with OH I DUNNO maybe the older one is better?

Personally, i like the coupe much better than the minivan, and that's why i would go with the coupe....

but u should go with what u feel u would enjoy the most...surely newer car would be a better peace of mind..so go with that if it please u..;)

LOL minivan!!!! Man calmdown. I honestly don't think the 99-00 is better than the 02-04 and that is only as far as performance because I would think they are pretty much the same thing. Now, the looks, yes I agree that the coupe has a little more appeal but personally I like them both.

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6th gen is probably your best bet but you seem bent on the EP3. I say get the EP3 cuz that's what you like. Personally I think the black ones look good, especially lowered but the 6th gens have much better styling all around.