Looking to chip my 99 Ex

BHOLD6160

I'm new to the Honda tuning game and I want to chip my car. I have a 99 ex manual And i have bought an AEM short ram intake and I'm still looking at options for an exhaust. Now I have been driving VW/Audi's since I started driving and a chip to me is just remapping the current ECU. But everything I'm reading about my car I will actually be swapping out the ECU? As i understand i have a P2P? and my beat choice is a P28? Just looking for some more insight on what ECU I should get and how to tune for more power while still being somewhat economical.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
at least your not a idiot , i was getting my warmed up to bust some balls , i thought this was a "which chip on ebay will make my vteck pop lyk a mutha f***a"

but, i dont know why you need to do all that, you dont need a tune for a intake and exhaust, now if you are going to turbo it, then we have something to chat about.

Last edited by a moderator:

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A tune is not necessary, but it can benefit. Is it worth it? IMO no it is not for an intake and exhaust, but it can run smoother with one.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Head on over to Speedfactory and talk to them about what you want to do..if it were me I'd hold off on it until you have some real parts on..the few hundreds of dollars you'll spend won't be worth the few HP you'll gain

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:hi: A fellow Seattle guy

I chipped my P28 when I still had a single cam. It doesn't have the same effect as it does on VWs. The only reason I did that was because I was planning on swapping anyway. If you're just going to run the single slammer I wouldn't waste the money.

emerican

Registered VIP
you dont really need it and to me its not worth it. unless you swap,turbo or have a serious NA build{which wouldnt be worth it on a sohc IMO}