low beams, tail lights, park lights, and brake lights dont work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty0607

I just bought a 92 honda civic hatchback and well the low beams dont work but the high beams do? I checked the fuse and where the fuse goes there is no power, I check the headlight/turnsignal switch but its sending power to the fuse. Also the brake lights, parking lights, and dash board lights do not work? but the turn signals and warning lights do work. I'm so confused, I need some serious help guys?

xWIREMANx

All I can say is check every fuse in the car and under the hood with a volt meter while the key is in the on position. Ground one lead and use the other to test for voltage on both tabs of the fuse. You should get the same reading on both sides of the fuse if it is good. Check and make sure you are not missing any fuses either. Maybe the person that sold it to you took some out and never replaced them. High beams and low beams are on two different circuits so it's easily possible for one to work and the other not to but maybe the low beam part of the bulb is burned out as well. You can always test for power at the bulb to see if it is the bulb or the supply. Dash lights and parking lights are on the same circuit. You can check to see if the factory radio has been removed or replaced to see if the wiring behind it is cut and shoring out. I imagine a civic of that year doesn't still have the factory radio. If the illumination wire in the radio harness gets shorted at any time it will pop the fuse for the parking lights and dash lights. Just use the process of elimination method. Most issues will be blown fuses but the real question will be what caused the fuse to blow in the first place. Sorry =) that was a bit of rambling on there

serg650

MAYBE the main Fuse, its the one under the Hood in the relay box. The middle biggest can't miss it.

-93CivicSi-

Like the others said, check the fuses, and check all the bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.