Lower 01 civic

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep, you've got it. Either a full coilover system.. or independent springs and shocks.

damage626

Pho Life
im saving up for eibach coilovet set :D you should too ><

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's been a shitload of these threads lately or is that just me?

But, raceland coilovers are like $250 and if your not going to race at all they seem to be pretty good. Come with a warranty

civic0918

Registered VIP
f**k yeah you can drop it 2.5 and drive in the snow. I do just throw your steelies on for winter and you will be fine. With that gap id go atleast 2 inches man.

mattman3

got rice?
5+ Year Member
i have mine dropped 1.5" on an eibach pro kit one of the best things i did to the car looks really good and handles beutifully...i remember that snow storm brian13 is talking about we had a s**t load of snow here in jersey and my car did fine in it

Foxracer

I'm dropping mine as well. 1.5" should be decent. How do you do your oil changes with the car that low though? I just want that sick drop look as soon as possible, I should probably save up for the full coil over though like you guys are saying.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How do you do your oil changes with the car that low though?
Jack it up :what:

If you're referring to your uncertainty of how a jack fits underneath the car, you can drive up onto boards to raise the car up high enough to get a jack underneath. Personally, at 2.25" drop, I don't need to do that... OEM jack fits under just fine.

c0untme0utt

5+ Year Member
Jack it up :what:

If you're referring to your uncertainty of how a jack fits underneath the car, you can drive up onto boards to raise the car up high enough to get a jack underneath. Personally, at 2.25" drop, I don't need to do that... OEM jack fits under just fine.
thats what I have to do, its not a big deal. I suggest buying the camber kit with your coil overs, im driving around with my camber all f**ked up.

Foxracer

you can drive up onto boards to raise the car up high enough to get a jack underneath. Personally, at 2.25" drop, I don't need to do that... OEM jack fits under just fine.
Ok, and then put in the jack stands for the front once its jacked up. By OEM you mean your using the jack stand from your trunk? Seems like a pretty good idea actually if you dont have access to a newer one.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Exactly. I actually use that one to initially jack it up.. and if I'm doing any work under the car, I'll use a heavier duty one after I get it up a bit along with some jack stands. But when you're on the side of the road with a flat... you'll be ok so long as you keep a wooden block and the oem jack in your trunk.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
honestly just save up and do it rite thr first time get full coilovers like progress there 900 bucks then go to firestone or mineke somwere that will do alignments on lowerd cars and get the lifetime alignment package its 160 to 200 bucks you get two alignments a year for the life if the car so you can raise it in the winter and drop it in the summer. also alot of people recommend ground control sleeves and koni yellow inserts.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it looks better then hub caps or painted hub caps and you can paint them while there on the car.

civic0918

Registered VIP
you could go 3 inches easy its high as heck right now. In the winter throw some steelies on with studed tires its not bad at all to drive a lowered car in snow. expecially if you lived in the north awhile.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you could go 3 inches easy its high as heck right now. In the winter throw some steelies on with studed tires its not bad at all to drive a lowered car in snow. expecially if you lived in the north awhile.
3 inches :shock:

I don't know about that.. I'm down to 2.25 F and 2.00 R on 16"s and I've got to be careful on Florida's near perfect roads. It's the parking / slanted driveways / speed bumps that you need to worry about. I scrape on every speed bump. Another 3/4 inches? I'm pretty sure my exhaust would get left behind as I went over the speed bump.

Drulex

anyways i bought skunk2 lowering srpings 2.25 front and 2 rear. will install this week and post pics. f**k the coilovers ill take the bus during winter