lowered still getting tire wear.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive dropped my car about 2 inches maybe less i got it toe aligned and i have about 1.5 neg front and 2 or more on the rear camber. im still getting inside tire wear why?

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive dropped my car about 2 inches maybe less i got it toe aligned and i have about 1.5 neg front and 2 or more on the rear camber. im still getting inside tire wear why?
Get a front camber kit and get your car realigned.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I already do have front camber what's all this talk only need toe alignment andyou can ride neg cam without tire wear with toe alignment

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
over time you're still going to get camber wear, it just doesn't eat tires nearly as quickly as toe will.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How long has it been? Do you have anything damaged in your suspension?

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
out has only been a week since I installed and got alignment maybe shop didn't align right? I dunno I'm going to check everything again tonight maybe I missed something but everything is straight to the point, it's not heavy wear but enough to notice it's just my DD so I doubt it's from my driving

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got 1.5 in front 1.25 in rear I noticed my rear dont wear but my front do, I lowered the psi down to 30 and since then they wear evenly luckily, no camber kits.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got 1.5 in front 1.25 in rear I noticed my rear dont wear but my front do, I lowered the psi down to 30 and since then they wear evenly luckily, no camber kits.
you should use the correct psi for whatever tired you have. having over or underflated tires can cause many problems.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah, DUH! Forgot that low tire pressure also causes uneven wear on the sides of the tires. Plus you lose gas mileage. Check your tire pressure, you should put them to 32-35 psi.

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:what:
its been at 30 for awhile, tires wear even and I get 37.3mpg last i filled up. dunno what to say. worked for me i guess.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats kinda low my max is 51 psi and i go about 40 - 45 its slight tire wear but again noticable

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Camber wear unless your tire is below wear of 200 will not show for a few months if it ever does. I run -3.5 and have no problem with tire wear. Does the car pull to one way?

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when you turn your wheel does it want to turn more by itself? thats usually a sign of too much toe. i had that problem when i put my camber kit on befor i got an alignment.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like the shop didnt align it correctly.
excatly right i took it back to the place nd it was both off in the same direction they set back for free i also raised to to align camber, it was all corrected for free because of their error.

Skunk2_Civic09

5+ Year Member
skunk2 camber kit. its that easy bro. the are so much easier and faster to align then stock, give better clearance, the ball joints on the front are godly, and all togother some camber kits are some cheep do compaired to replacen tires all the time.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
skunk2 camber kit. its that easy bro. the are so much easier and faster to align then stock, give better clearance, the ball joints on the front are godly, and all togother some camber kits are some cheep do compaired to replacen tires all the time.
huh?