Lowering car question

e DoGG 4 sHo

5+ Year Member
I heard it's best to replace the stock shocks with aftermarket shocks or new shocks in general when I lower my car with my Tein S-Tech springs. Is this true? I heard the shocks would go out faster if I don't replace the shocks with the new springs and that the springs and shocks can easily integrate together or something.

TaNk00VsM

5+ Year Member
i got stechs with tockico blues just to be safe. i didn't want to put the springs on and then have to go back and put new struts on better to do it all in one bang which is my advice

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You can probably get away with using stock shocks with those springs, depending on how many miles are on your shocks right now. To be honest you might aswell get new struts because I guarantee you that you'll want to get rid of those springs and get ground controls or some sort of coilover sleeves later.

TaNk00VsM

5+ Year Member
agreed ive had my set up for about a year now and i want to get rid of it and go lower...looking into function and form type 1!!!!

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, if you stock shocks are low-mileage, you could use the Tein springs with them but it is your best bet to get new shocks if you could afford to.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You can probably get away with using stock shocks with those springs, depending on how many miles are on your shocks right now. To be honest you might aswell get new struts because I guarantee you that you'll want to get rid of those springs and get ground controls or some sort of coilover sleeves later.
:word:

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have 81K on my 98 EJ... no idea if they were ever replaced by the original owner...
That's pretty low for that age, you could use those shocks if you don't have funds for new ones right now.