Lowering springs

LXDriver

More HP is always good
5+ Year Member
I wanna lower my civic lx 2000 'bout an inch, but will the new lowering springs (watever brand they are) fit the stock pieces on the car? or would I also have to replace all that stuff?

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wanna lower my civic lx 2000 'bout an inch, but will the new lowering springs (watever brand they are) fit the stock pieces on the car? or would I also have to replace all that stuff?
You can go the cheap route and use your stock shocks with a low spring rate lowering spring. The only one i'd suggest is the OE H&R's or Tein S-techs. The springs and alignment should run u at least $200-$300.

Whats ur budget?

B-$chizzle

5+ Year Member
i lowered my 2000 civic 2 inches with tanabe lowering springs and used the stock shocks without any problem what so ever. =]

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Eibach pro-kit are good springs if you're planning on going to pair them up with stock shocks as well. I'm using S-techs with my stock shocks right now and the ride is fine.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want to lower only an inch, you might as well not get springs at all. You won't be able to tell the difference and will want to go lower.

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tein is good for about a 1.5 drop on front. ride good and wil work on your stock equipment very good set up if your car is your DD

subsonic-civic

5+ Year Member
H&R OE Sports will be good for you. You will notice a difference since the spring rates are higher than stock regardless, BUT it might not be a HUGE difference.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
H&R OE Sports will be good for you. You will notice a difference since the spring rates are higher than stock regardless, BUT it might not be a HUGE difference.
A 0.75" drop is not good for anybody.