LSV or LS Turbo?

Cris Coupe

Turbo is totally worth it, though you'll want a conservative tune if you want to stay reliable. Don't cheap out on anything either.

Ls/v turbo would be awesome though.
Thanks man also any info as far as what I should do to keep in reliable I been reading up saying I should upgrade my fuel pump?

stupidhard

BOAT KNIGHT!
Thanks man also any info as far as what I should do to keep in reliable I been reading up saying I should upgrade my fuel pump?
yes definitly! fuel rail and bigger injectors also. you dont want a lean condition at any time on a turbo vehicle. im doin a LS swap and eventually a turbo set up as well. its easy to over look some things, you may concider having a look at your bottom end bearings and re ring your pistons if you are looking to make (lasting) reliable power under 325 hp. better start savin your nickles and dimes partner cause you will need more than a thousand bucks to turbo.

if you choose to vtec upgrade your fuel system anyway. you wont regret it.

-chris

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't need a fuel pump for a lower boost turbo setup. Mine was making ~280-290whp on the stock EM1 pump for 4 years and is evidently still going as the new owner keeps me updated on mods. You'll definitely need injectors though. I had 650cc injectors and they were running heaving.

For the best reliability you'll essentially want to rebuild the motor with new hardware, gaskets, and rings. I replaced everything on my LS/V except the valvetrain.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
You don't need a fuel pump for a lower boost turbo setup. Mine was making ~280-290whp on the stock EM1 pump for 4 years and is evidently still going as the new owner keeps me updated on mods. You'll definitely need injectors though. I had 650cc injectors and they were running heaving.

For the best reliability you'll essentially want to rebuild the motor with new hardware, gaskets, and rings. I replaced everything on my LS/V except the valvetrain.
It's a cheap mod that can save you in long run though

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Replacing your radiator hoses is a cheap mod that can save you in the long run too, but it isn't necessary for the motor build. Honda fuel pumps typically last decade upon decade before they fail. If your pump fails in a year, two years, or ten years, i recommend crossing that bridge when you get there. Just my 2c

Last edited:

Cris Coupe

Hey thanks guys yeah I am thinking I will go boost for now and then maybe throw a Vtec head on later.. And money really isn't too big of a deal I just am not looking to throw tins of cash into it because ill be getting a S2k soon... But I think I will make sure I put good money into a tune and a fuel system I just started changing brakes and suspension ont he car getting that good im going to throw a stage 3 cluth in.. then began to start my turbo set up