Make a civic more break in resistant?

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
Long story short, somtime over the week some lowlife bastards pryed the door handle out of my driver side door and got into my car and stole a few things.

The car is at this time out of commision, no engine etc etc. So i guess that made it an easy targer for these bastards. Anyway, more than lilely I want to just get out of everything now. It makes me sick how f**kers will break into something that isnt theirs and steal things from people who work hard to earn their parts.

Anyway, so if i do decide to just gut this car and race it at the track, I still dont want people to be able to get into it. Is there a way to put plates or something inside the doors so that if someone tries to pry the outer door handles out that they cant gain access to the door latch rods?

Any other suggestions? f**k thieves.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what year civic is it? i know the 6th gens have a piece of plastic around the rods. you could use that idea except made out of metal. shouldnt be hard to bend some metal to fit around them.

edit: just noticed this was in 5th gen. so i guess thats what you got. not sure if they had the plastic covers from the factory, but the doors are similar enough on the inside that it should still work.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
what year civic is it? i know the 6th gens have a piece of plastic around the rods. you could use that idea except made out of metal. shouldnt be hard to bend some metal to fit around them.

edit: just noticed this was in 5th gen. so i guess thats what you got. not sure if they had the plastic covers from the factory, but the doors are similar enough on the inside that it should still work.
Thanks for the info.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get yourself a good mean mug

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
rig a sawed off 12 gage to the door. and tie fishing line from the inside of the door handle to the trigger.. so when they rip the door handle off. they get shot.. even if they do survive you have DNA =) and who cares if they do die.. i'd kick em. and then laugh at the poor bastard.
...If only there wasnt a high probability of getting sued, and/or arrested for doing such a thing.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rig a sawed off 12 gage to the door. and tie fishing line from the inside of the door handle to the trigger.. so when they rip the door handle off. they get shot.. even if they do survive you have DNA =) and who cares if they do die.. i'd kick em. and then laugh at the poor bastard.
Your not funny.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can buy fake security cameras. they look ligit. they have red LED lights, and their motion activated, so when someone walks by the start moving slowly back and fourth. it's less than 100 bucks, and you can mount it anywhere. or just get an alarm, and hook it up to a battery so even with the motor out, it'll still be hooked up.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
you can buy fake security cameras. they look ligit. they have red LED lights, and their motion activated, so when someone walks by the start moving slowly back and fourth. it's less than 100 bucks, and you can mount it anywhere. or just get an alarm, and hook it up to a battery so even with the motor out, it'll still be hooked up.
Yeah, I was thinkin about just hookin up cameras out there. But then what good does that do? It MAY deter theft but even if theft occurs, cops usually cant do s**t about it. We had it happen at the shop all the time and the bastards were never found, and this happened on multiple occasions.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buy a gun, and a really nice 2-way alarm, that way when your alarm goes off, your clicker on your keys will ring, grab you gun and run out there. than pop a nice shot in the air, bam, gauranteed no theif will take a shot to steel your 10K max civic.