managment options

stupidhard

BOAT KNIGHT!
ive been planning a swap and turbo involving a b18 non vtec mill and tranny and a hitachi ht18s twin scroll.

aparently im some sort of boob for concidering using a piggy back like a solution from apex'i.

is a stand alone system my only reliable option? or is there a way to mod the p74 to run a turbo set up with a separate electronic boost controller? im trying to do this in the most economical way that wont sacrifice reliability.

-chris

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Obd2?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Google Hondata S300. Of course you could just go chipped OBD1 but the S300 will give you so much more. I don't have a tuner in my state so I had to figure it out on my own for a boosted LSV I had last year. Took A TON of reading but it worked so awesome! Now i'm involved in Kpro which is the K series version of the s300 (sorta).

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Reliability/daily drivability and "economical" are not two terms that go together well. Be prepared to drop some cash, daddy-o. With that being said, I second Alaska, and I'd recommend looking into the Hondata S300.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s300 is worth the money

standalone is your only reliable option and isnt that expensive

stupidhard

BOAT KNIGHT!
thanks fellas, i got a guy down the street that runs a shop with a dyno. though im not sure if he can tune. he does late model camaros and firebirds. they run them up and down the street a good bit and they sound like freakin nascars! guess i should go say hello to my neighbor and see what he can do.

ill search tuners while i look at the s300

thanks again fellas!
-chris