Massive 19mm bolt from my Civic?

jdbrammers

Evening all, earlier today I saw this large sheared 19mm bolt with cracked metal moulding around it in the road where I live (small cul de sac). It's about 6 inches long to the sheared end and is fairly mucky.

I wondered if anyone recognises it or where it is likely to have come from to give me an idea of where to check.

Any ideas on how to get the sheared bit out would be most welcome too, I'm hoping it was just a nut that can be replaced.

It is possible that it hasn't come from my Civic but, after googling "big 19mm bolt fell off my car" and the result being a 1996 Honda civic, I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Jon

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doesn't look like it would have come from your car.

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the only thing I can think of would be the front subframe brace that bolts to the unibody. don't hold meto it get under your car and check

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's really more of a pin than a bolt because it's not threaded. If nothing seems wrong than I wouldn't worry about it.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Check to see if that is from the transmission bracket to car under the stock intake airbox.

jdbrammers

Thanks for the ideas. The bolt is threaded, however it's sheared just into the threaded area, there's about 3mm left which you can just make out on the picture.

The head of the bolt is covered in greasy dirt but the shaft of the bolt is clean,implying it was in a fixing of some sort. The broken fixing that it goes through is cast aluminium I think, and looks to be from the corner of whatever it came off.

My first thought was an alternator fixing bolt or something of that ilk.

Diameter looks to be in the region of about 13mm.

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Civic motor mount bolts have the integrated washer or a bigger lip or whatever.

The one you have has a loose washer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, this is from what I remember.

jdbrammers

Hi Failsafe88,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it first thing this morning. I presume I get to it by removing the platinum hyperdrive gate, draining the elixir oil and have do it wearing nothing but a bikini and slippers.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Hi Failsafe88,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it first thing this morning. I presume I get to it by removing the platinum hyperdrive gate, draining the elixir oil and have do it wearing nothing but a bikini and slippers.
Everything but the slippers and you should have it lol

98ej8

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does anyone remember how big the coolant drain bolt is on the block? I've removed mine when I was doing a coolant flush but I forget. It's right above the oil filter. Just an idea.