MiketheDyke's 2000 EJ8

MiketheDyke

5+ Year Member
lol, nice. Why dont you rebuild your stater. Ebay has the whole kit $40
A NEW starter cost me $80. And I kinda need the car, so waiting for shipping and the time to rebuild it is a waste of time. Might as well up up a new one for $40 more, rather than reusing the old one.

MiketheDyke

5+ Year Member
Now ! Post pics of what it's at now!
It was snowing the whole day, so I didn't do anything to it today.

I took a pic of my civic last night. It looks pretty good for a phone. Btw, all the pics I take are from my phone.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
It was snowing the whole day, so I didn't do anything to it today.

I took a pic of my civic last night. It looks pretty good for a phone. Btw, all the pics I take are from my phone.

Same here I us a HTC Sensation, good pics.

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/inside-out/268307-safe-daily-driving-2.html

Wow, I never realized that a 4 point harness is not for DD. I gonna have to buy an oem seatbelt asap.
Nice coupe I dig it... But I personally think some of that is bs. I have 4pt harnesses in my car and stock belts in my other... Feel way safer in the 4pts and have all the harness bolts going to stock seat belt bolt holes. Not sure how yours are ran but my shoulder straps are ran to the stock rear belt holes making my rear seats pretty much useless however

MiketheDyke

5+ Year Member
Nice coupe I dig it... But I personally think some of that is bs. I have 4pt harnesses in my car and stock belts in my other... Feel way safer in the 4pts and have all the harness bolts going to stock seat belt bolt holes. Not sure how yours are ran but my shoulder straps are ran to the stock rear belt holes making my rear seats pretty much useless however
Thanks man.
And you said that you "FEEL way safer in the 4pts", but that doesn't mean that you are actually safe. If I were to get in any accident, an OEM seat belt will do better than a harness, according to my research. Nothing is better than stuff from factory.

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man.
And you said that you "FEEL way safer in the 4pts", but that doesn't mean that you are actually safe. If I were to get in any accident, an OEM seat belt will do better than a harness, according to my research. Nothing is better than stuff from factory.
I see what you're saying I just think my takata harnesses will do a way better job saving me then stock belts would especially if I'm using stock belt holes. But to each his own, do what you feel comfortable with.

datbumper

I think it has to do with the materials the seatbelts/harnesses are made of. The seat belt has a little more "give" to it, so you have less chance of getting whiplash and other serious injuries. Also, something about the positioning and installment of the harnesses is supposed to make them less safe than the stock seat belts. That's what I've gathered from what I've read... take from it what you will.

MiketheDyke

5+ Year Member
I see what you're saying I just think my takata harnesses will do a way better job saving me then stock belts would especially if I'm using stock belt holes. But to each his own, do what you feel comfortable with.
You have a Takata harness which is way better than my eBay one. If I had a Takata harness, I would keep it.