Mini-Me Problem

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So had a mini-me swap and timing belt / water pump change done last week by a local shop. They are very reputable and build sick Honda's. I thought about doing it myself but I brought it to them because I don't have enough time to actually get it done myself. But anyways, they told me that there was something wrong with the P2P I gave them. When they ran the car with that ECU it wasn't shifting properly and basically ran like s**t. So I picked it up with the stock P2E and it seemed to run fine for about 15 minutes on the way home then I got a CEL. I got home looked up the codes and it showed 4 codes. 2 for O2 sensors, 1 for air/fuel metering, and 1 for vehicle speed sensor. The idle bounces a little bit and the speedo doesn't work. They assured me it was the ECU which seems like it makes sense. So anyways, after a couple days I finally got a new P2P and... it still runs like s**t. Its bogging like a mother f**ker, doesn't shift right and etc. I'm taking it back to them tomorrow because I really don't think I got 2 bum ECU's. I'm pretty positive they just messed up the wiring somehow because I'm getting the same 3 or 4 codes with 3 different ECU's. Does anyone have any ideas for troubleshooting when I take it back there tomorrow.?

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
p2e is a nonvtec ecu and has a different fuel map then the p2p does this is why you get lean burn code.

im assuming this is automatic? the p2p you have is it for an automatic?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
p2e is a nonvtec ecu and has a different fuel map then the p2p does this is why you get lean burn code.

im assuming this is automatic? the p2p you have is it for an automatic?
Yes both P2P's I've tried have been for automatic