*Mistake* Bought skunk2 60mm exhaust for 95 eg off ebay, when my car is a 95 civic dx

Bigmeech45

Basically i have 1.7 inch drop tein lowering srpings on my honda with stock rim/tires right now. When i put on the exhaust i noticed this thing is legit 1 inch gap from the straightpipe in the middle to the ground. I made a rookie mistake here this being my first time buying an exhaust etc i could have swore i bought one according to my model, i guess i thought it was all universal or something. Basically i need help on what i should do. Here is some pictures as you can see and this is with Stock rims/TIres and i barely have any clearance. The skunk2 i have is for a 1991-95 honda eg hatch, i have a 1995 honda dx hatch so im wondering what WOULD you guys do if you were in my position and the skunk2 i bought my luck has no returns. Help

Pictures

sorry for bad quality pics just took them at 9 pm (can get daytime pics if anyone helping needs them) 2moro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
take it to an exhaust shop and tell them to fix it better. they may need to cut and weld but it will make the best of what you have

Bigmeech45

take it to an exhaust shop and tell them to fix it better. they may need to cut and weld but it will make the best of what you have
right on thats what i figured, but am i going to lose my sound if they straightpipe it to the catalytic? i only bought the exhaust because the other one was rigged to the max with a hole etc

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it upside down/flipped around?

Bigmeech45

Is it upside down/flipped around?
nope im thinking my main problem is that its for a 95 EG HATCH, my car is a 95 dx hatch heres the 2 pictures

(current exhaust)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200813894124?item=200813894124&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

(what i need correct me if wrong is the piping pathing not different?)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKUNK2-60MM-MEGAPOWER-EXHAUST-92-95-HONDA-CIVIC-EX-DX-96-00-HONDA-CIVIC-EX-SI-/200971011343?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecace450f&vxp=mtr

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The eg is the chassis code which in all actuality u have an EH hatch. The exhaust isnt wrong. Looks like you just installed it wrong. It should tuck up in there like stock. Ask me how i know ;)

P.s. thats what you get for ordering parts off of ebay...

Bigmeech45

P.s. thats what you get for ordering parts off of ebay...
i appreciate your help, so possible bad installation my next question results to this picture.

^^^ This pipe cant go up AT all because of the under body of the car is all flat directly above that, but that straightpipe is literally 1 inch clearance from the ground around the thick part is that normal? my car is on 1.7 inch drop teins and is riding on stock rims/tires if i go 15 rims/1.5 ties that piece is going to be scraping (i know im an amateur but it almost seems like that part needs to be tucked up also) where its surface level with the underbody of the car does that make sense?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nope im thinking my main problem is that its for a 95 EG HATCH, my car is a 95 dx hatch heres the 2 pictures

(current exhaust)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200813894124?item=200813894124&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

(what i need correct me if wrong is the piping pathing not different?)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKUNK2-60MM-MEGAPOWER-EXHAUST-92-95-HONDA-CIVIC-EX-DX-96-00-HONDA-CIVIC-EX-SI-/200971011343?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecace450f&vxp=mtr
The second exhaust you posted is for a coupe/sedan application.

Bigmeech45

The second exhaust you posted is for a coupe/sedan application.
alright so the first link i sent did i buy the correct exhaust? its for a 91-95 eg hatch i have a dx, but it seems like theres no clearance from the straightpipe to the group like not even 1 inch, and i havent even added my rims/tires yet i plan on bringing it to an exhaust shop after i get my hids /alarm installed

CO671

Registered VIP
What header and catalytic converter setup are you running. can you try removing the b-pipe or header and see if the catback itself can fit along with the undercarriage.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Try reinstall then go to exhaust shop next. The eg is chassis code meaning ex of dx etc of those years and body style.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright so the first link i sent did i buy the correct exhaust? its for a 91-95 eg hatch i have a dx, but it seems like theres no clearance from the straightpipe to the group like not even 1 inch, and i havent even added my rims/tires yet i plan on bringing it to an exhaust shop after i get my hids /alarm installed
It's 92-95, 91 is a different car. Ignore the fact that it says EG, that only means it's for 92-95. It's possible they just sent you the wrong exhaust.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
well first lesson is buying from ebay and now you are stuck with something that does not fit.
second lesson is bring it to a muffler shop and have them modify to make it fit.
looks like more dollars down the drain.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well first lesson is buying from ebay and now you are stuck with something that does not fit.
second lesson is bring it to a muffler shop and have them modify to make it fit.
looks like more dollars down the drain.
You should be able to return it…

Bigmeech45

You should be able to return it…
you live and you learn :D its no biggie i learned my lesson not to buy off ebay (simple), it will only be about 100 bucks max for the exhaust shop to weld it out

What header and catalytic converter setup are you running. can you try removing the b-pipe or header and see if the catback itself can fit along with the undercarriage.
when i bought the car guy had it ghetto rigged straightpiped with gabrage welding/hole in exhaust so i bought the whole setup, waiting for my hi flow cat to come in

It's 92-95, 91 is a different car. Ignore the fact that it says EG, that only means it's for 92-95. It's possible they just sent you the wrong exhaust.
sorry my mistake just looked at the box its for a 92-95 eg 3 dr

sleeper si

Registered VIP
looks like the S pipe is about 1.5 inches too long, that is the difference for hatchbacks vs coupes and sedans.

CO671

Registered VIP
when i bought the car guy had it ghetto rigged straightpiped with gabrage welding/hole in exhaust so i bought the whole setup, waiting for my hi flow cat to come in
If you bolted it on without the cat then that could be your problem, that your piping is short a cat. If you can unbolt it and align it better and there's a gap, then it's the lack of a cat/test pipe.

Bigmeech45

If you bolted it on without the cat then that could be your problem, that your piping is short a cat. If you can unbolt it and align it better and there's a gap, then it's the lack of a cat/test pipe.
well im not driving it right now because it doesnt have the cat hooked up to the headers, but thats not my issue the cat will fill the gap between the straightpipe/headers thats blank atm my problem is the straightpipe going down the center frame of the car at the bottom is 1 inch from the ground and its on stock/rims and tires atm. I dont think thats how its supposed to be like if you were to look at my car from the side level with the ground you would see the straight pipe almost hitting the ground i dont think its supposed to be like that. Isnt the exhaust supposed to be flush/even with the underbody of the car like tucked in a certain area so that its even with the rest of the underbody? thats my problem