MKEMEFMS’s 1998 Civic EX JDM Project

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's true, they never seem to last after needing the first polishing, but I've done the same spray paint thing and it's an experience to have haha :what:

Welcome to CC @Ohio_EJ8

I'm looking forward to updates on this thread :thumbs up

Ohio_EJ8

Respected
For all the work and time you have into those headlights, you would have been money ahead buying new black housing lights.
If/when you do clean the lenses, they never keep clean for very long.
Didn’t cost me a single dime actually! I already had the paint and had a free day. Definitely still plan on getting black housings sometime soon.

Ohio_EJ8

Respected
It's true, they never seem to last after needing the first polishing, but I've done the same spray paint thing and it's an experience to have haha :what:

Welcome to CC @Ohio_EJ8

I'm looking forward to updates on this thread :thumbs up
Thanks brother!!

Yeah. I just tried the toothpaste method. Made a tiny difference in the haziness. Definitely just going to order a set of black housing type r style.

Ohio_EJ8

Respected
So my Spanish mechanic friend let me use his code OBD2 reader today to see what the deal is.

It read and made “cat” “o2s” and “eva “ start blinking. So I’m assuming it could be because of it being straight piped? Or is it my o2 sensor going out?

This is what I was seeing. Any ideas? (Pics below)
580E9C26-500E-4876-87F2-E8751C263E6D.jpeg

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hrm. Can you pull a CEL blink code to go with that?

I wouldn't be surprised if it being straight piped was part of the problem. Find the O2 sensor and test it with a multimeter. If you don't have a Haynes manual, I recommend picking one up.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
If you dont have an o2 you will get lean code and heater circuit.. im ok in Spanish but that screen shot said nothin i know lol..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Ohio_EJ8

Respected
Hrm. Can you pull a CEL blink code to go with that?

I wouldn't be surprised if it being straight piped was part of the problem. Find the O2 sensor and test it with a multimeter. If you don't have a Haynes manual, I recommend picking one up.

I do have a Haynes manual. There is no check engine light anymore. It’s been off for a couple of days and hasn’t came back on. I’m thinking the exhaust is my main issue.

If you dont have an o2 you will get lean code and heater circuit.. im ok in Spanish but that screen shot said nothin i know lol..

What do u mean lean code & heater circuit? Could the exhaust cause all 3 of these lights to blink?

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Obd2 02 sensors have 2 circuts, 1 heats up the sensor for quicker reaction time and the other reads the af.. 2 seperate circuts, 2 seperate codes..
@BooFoo where ya been?

Ohio_EJ8

Respected
Obd2 02 sensors have 2 circuts, 1 heats up the sensor for quicker reaction time and the other reads the af.. 2 seperate circuts, 2 seperate codes..
@BooFoo where ya been?

So does that mean one of them is going out sense it blinks the o2s?

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Reset the ecu drive for a day or so 40miles check the codes. If you go to your local autozone or alike they can check the codes for free.. their gonna try and fix it by selling you a bunch of parts but dont.. write down the PXXX codes thrown and go from there.. that being all batt connections, body and motor grounds, body and batt grounds are good.. i have fixed alot of issues by adding ground points..

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do have a Haynes manual. There is no check engine light anymore. It’s been off for a couple of days and hasn’t came back on. I’m thinking the exhaust is my main issue.
The CEL will only stay on if there's a problem "worthy enough" to light up for. If you jump the service connector it may well still give you some blink codes. My car has done that before for the catalytic converter.

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if those errors are from the O2 sensor, definitely check it out.

Ohio_EJ8

Respected
Thanks guys. If my mechanic has time today, I will have him clear them and give it a day or two and see what happens. I’ve read that o2 sensors go out on these d16’s pretty commonly.

I’m hoping once I get this new exhaust system, it will help clear the issues.