Molding Paint Problems - 2007

EBounding

5+ Year Member
I was washing my 2007 EX Sedan today with a power washer. Things were going fine until I got to the bumper. I begin spraying it and suddenly the paint starts peeling off. I've never had this problem on the other cars I've used the power washer on. The paint on the metal was fine, but the paint came off faster than the bugs on the bumper. I checked the other plastic parts like the side mirrors and those are starting to chip away. I didn't use the power washer on those.

Is this typical? Should I not be using a power washer? Will the warranty cover this?

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what kinda psi is that thing putting out? how is the nozzle spraying it out, shape f the stream i mean...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dang....that doesn't sound good...

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take it to the dealer then

EBounding

5+ Year Member
RHennin said:
what kinda psi is that thing putting out? how is the nozzle spraying it out, shape f the stream i mean...

I think 2500 psi. It was a straight stream and I had it about a foot away. The bumper paint started to come off like butter. I have a black mark now the size of two quarters. :( Like I said, I've done this before on other cars, but in hindsight it probably wasn't a good idea to use such a direct stream. But I don't think the paint should be that soft.

07civicman

5+ Year Member
That sucks

Sounds like a new paint job to me. With the bumper to bumper warranty you would think that that would be covered. Hope it all works out for you.

07civicman

LikWidv1

NBA-NaturalBornAsshole
5+ Year Member
Just take it to your dealer. Problly wouldnt be best to tell em you used 2500psi on the car, but it's best to be honest instead of have it come back and bite you in the ass. It should be covered, but of course they're give you hassle that only mechanical problems are covered and such. AHoles

EBounding

5+ Year Member
What's funny is the paint came off easier than the bugs. I'll let you all know what happens.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
K2_civic said:
I would say it was a carwash

2500 psi is insane
me too..you tell them you ran your 2500psi pressure washer on it and they wouldnt cover it

xdjyoshx

5+ Year Member
This is no problem at all and the factory will totally cover it. The guy that had his hands on this part before it was painted likely had oil on it. I had this same issue back on '00 with my EX. They covered it no questions asked.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Why would you use 2500 psi combined with a straight tip, you were just asking for it.