Mona- treeafodo's 97 sedan.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Well my friend was on my computer and deleted the orignal thread, so I'll repost it.

Her name is Mona.
I bought this car about a year ago and never did anything to it. Then I decided it was time to build her up. Theres a little bit of rust of the quarter panels that i plan to get fixed over the winter or early spring.
Heres some pics of how she sat when I first got her.

A few weeks ago I washed the car and waxed her the first first time. The paint is now shiny

And then there was the bay:shock:

This is how she sits now, lots of cleaning and minor things later.
Headlights are clear, underwindow trim is painted, steelies are painted DIY CTR grille, wiper arms painted.

Obviously nothing major has happened yet, next up is lowering it and a lip.

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
It ain't no Teg, but at least it's a Honda :lol:

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
CI is down so I'm lurking around a bit, lol.
I remember when I was choosing between an Si and a Gs-R; insurance was a lot higher for the Integra because of the 'luxury-sport' tag. f**king gay. How much are they trying to charge you?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The headlights turned out really well. That bay still needs a lot of cleaning, but good start. It's good to see someone actually taking care of the car first, then modding it.

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
Valve cover paint would dress it up very nicely when you get the bay cleaned a bit more, btw

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I'm sending my valve cover in to get powder coated on Monday. I'm not sure what color. I'm thinking gold to match gold or bronze wheels later on. But I'm terrible with color schemes. I'll continue cleaning the bay to kill boredom. The firewall is still nasty :(.

I might order a cai tomorrow but I'm not sure which one yet.

Edit: As for insurance I'm paying $306 a month for my civic. The integra they quoted me at $472 at the cheapest place possible. The joys of being a teenager...

Last edited:

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm sending my valve cover in to get powder coated on Monday. I'm not sure what color. I'm thinking gold to match gold or bronze wheels later on. But I'm terrible with color schemes. I'll continue cleaning the bay to kill boredom. The firewall is still nasty :(.

I might order a cai tomorrow but I'm not sure which one yet.

Edit: As for insurance I'm paying $306 a month for my civic. The integra they quoted me at $472 at the cheapest place possible. The joys of being a teenager...
Holy f**k who do u go thru and how old are u? When I was 16 I paid $91 a month full coverage. I'm now 28 and pay $66 full coverage. I know guys and age r a give factor...but s**t. That's more than my guy friend pays on his s2000.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
That's about what I was gonna pay, I had 5 points on my record. Is that for a Gs-R or an Ls?
Also, please don't paint that s**t gold; I've always thought it looks like s**t, I still prefer the black or other dark colors

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Holy f**k who do u go thru and how old are u?
Im 17 and I go through Belair Direct. That's the cheapest rate I could find in all of Canada. My policy is also in my own name which is a huge factor.

@OG that quote was for a GSR. If I ever got an integra I wouldn't buy a LS unless it was a good deal. The LS was $425.

You guys have any suggestions on valve cover color?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im 17 and I go through Belair Direct. That's the cheapest rate I could find in all of Canada. My policy is also in my own name which is a huge factor.

@OG that quote was for a GSR. If I ever got an integra I wouldn't buy a LS unless it was a good deal. The LS was $425.

You guys have any suggestions on valve cover color?
That's still outrageous and I didn't realize you're in Canada. My bad dude.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn yeah that insurance is way to high but what can you do. I say if you plan on getting bronze rims then yeah go with a bronze or gold vc. But if ur not sure about the rims either go black or the same color blue as the car, or at least something similar.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mines about $400 for my hatch, and I'm 17, under my parents' insurance, but that's cause i suck at life and get pulled over in a parking g lot and back into mysterious invisible SUVs.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Ordered a little something for my car today to keep me occupied until I can get coilovers. I'll post what it is when I get it. Any guesses?

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
Mines about $400 for my hatch, and I'm 17, under my parents' insurance, but that's cause i suck at life and get pulled over in a parking g lot and back into mysterious invisible SUVs.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Stop street racing yourself