More off topic sub-forums?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Some other forums have a little more diverse off topic sections. I think it would keep the off topic section a little more organized, and honestly most of us have other hobbies besides cars. Just thought I would see what other people think.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't think the forum has enough traffic to justify making even more sub-sections. It's easy to keep up with everything as of now since the traffic is low. If we were a busy forum, I could see having more sub-sections so we wouldn't have pages of random threads.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I don't think the forum has enough traffic to justify making even more sub-sections. It's easy to keep up with everything as of now since the traffic is low. If we were a busy forum, I could see having more sub-sections so we wouldn't have pages of random threads.
Which leads to my next thread, how do we get more ppl into this place? Not only that, keep them here and contributing anything of substance.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
That's what we, the mod staff, have been trying to figure out for a long time. There is a sticky for any suggestions if you have any. Here: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=201443
There has'nt been a post in there for almost a year Johnboy. I mean where are you guys on that? I can understand if everyone has moved on, most of us have grown out of the civic phase. I mean s**t the most mentioned vehicle on this forum is a Mazda minitruck. So where do we go from here?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There has'nt been a post in there for almost a year Johnboy. I mean where are you guys on that? I can understand if everyone has moved on, most of us have grown out of the civic phase. I mean s*** the most mentioned vehicle on this forum is a Mazda minitruck. So where do we go from here?
We've discussed possibilities. Site traffic is just so low, there's not much we can do. Jay Jay did bring back raffles for a while but that didn't do much to be quite honest. I was doing photography contests for a while but I rarely had any interest so that died out. And just because you see something already being mentioned doesn't mean you can't mention it again.

I won't lie, we haven't been doing much about this lately. Vic (vjf) retired since he joined the navy and all the other mods have busy lives outside CC as well. I think I'm the most active staff member as of right now lol.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am with John on the subsections. The offtopic thread has had 8 posts brought to the top today. That is about the norm and doesn't really justify enough traffic to need to spread them out.

As far as traffic, it has definitely been discussed in length. People tend to get tired of the same stuff asked day after day. It gets old and repetitive and they end up leaving to pursue sites that have fresh content. It is the name of the game. It is like a bar...you get your old timers that have been there for years that keep coming back feeling part of the family, but 90% of the patrons move on if they keep seeing the same stuff and aren't stimulated. They find something fresh and new. Sure they may come back after a long period of absence, but are back on their way in a couple weeks when they see that the same old stuff is still going on.

A good example is RonJ. He comes around for a few months and then disappears.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I am with John on the subsections. The offtopic thread has had 8 posts brought to the top today. That is about the norm and doesn't really justify enough traffic to need to spread them out.

As far as traffic, it has definitely been discussed in length. People tend to get tired of the same stuff asked day after day. It gets old and repetitive and they end up leaving to pursue sites that have fresh content. It is the name of the game. It is like a bar...you get your old timers that have been there for years that keep coming back feeling part of the family, but 90% of the patrons move on if they keep seeing the same stuff and aren't stimulated. They find something fresh and new. Sure they may come back after a long period of absence, but are back on their way in a couple weeks when they see that the same old stuff is still going on.

A good example is RonJ. He comes around for a few months and then disappears.
It's hondas, there is nothing new and basically there will never be anything new. The sub-forums are a perfect example of us moving on and doing other things. There is a photography sub-forum because some of us like taking pictures of rocks and s**t. There is a thread about aquriums right now, some of us have animals and s**t. Mmmyloss drinks beer, I drink beer, most people drink beer. I am sure there are other things in the world, but you get the point. The tighter knit forums are usually local sites, because most of those people actually see each other and can hangout at meets etc. We keep seeing the same old s**t because it is not filtered, you know the thread topics I am talking about. I am not blaming the mod squad for this or saying anyone is doing a shitty job, but if you say thats the reason why people move on then take care of it.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's hondas, there is nothing new and basically there will never be anything new. The sub-forums are a perfect example of us moving on and doing other things. There is a photography sub-forum because some of us like taking pictures of rocks and s***. There is a thread about aquriums right now, some of us have animals and s***. Mmmyloss drinks beer, I drink beer, most people drink beer. I am sure there are other things in the world, but you get the point. The tighter knit forums are usually local sites, because most of those people actually see each other and can hangout at meets etc. We keep seeing the same old s*** because it is not filtered, you know the thread topics I am talking about. I am not blaming the mod squad for this or saying anyone is doing a s***ty job, but if you say thats the reason why people move on then take care of it.
So, you are saying that by making a bunch of unneeded subsections, that will draw in new members or keep people around longer? I just don't see it. Yes, 3 (just threw a number out there) people are going to keep a certain section alive but it isn't a game changer. For example, there are what, less than a handful of people that post in the photography section. There is only 2 threads that are in there at the top.

I understand this is a honda civic forum. I was more along the lines of the same questions asked over and over. It gets old. You don't even have to come here everyday and you can guess what topics are going to be on top. "What exhaust"? "What coilovers"? "What do I do to my car first?" "How do I get more power/performance?" "How do I turbo?" "What cold air intake?"

Hell, even leave for a week and you aren't missing much.

Some of those are asked DAILY.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Idk what u guys are complaining about there not being any traffic on this site...

There was 57 new posts this morning in damn near every forum. And u can even get a nice louis vuitton handbag and retro air jordans!

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Idk what u guys are complaining about there not being any traffic on this site...

There was 57 new posts this morning in damn near every forum. And u can even get a nice louis vuitton handbag and retro air jordans!
:lol:

John about summed it up. Although, I don't think the mod staff is necessarily inactive. There just really hasn't been much for us to do lately (aside from ban spammers, which I think we each ban about 10 per day :( ). That suggestion thread is about a year old, and that's about how long we've been fighting inactivity.

As far as the thread's original topics - this has been discussed in the past. There was a time when this would have made sense (Once upon a time.. you'd log onto CC, head into Off Topic, and you'd have to go all the way to page 2 in order to see all of the topics that had been posted in for that day.)

However, currently, there's just not enough activity to warrant it. We have maybe 3-4 off topic threads that get activity per day. If we added 3-4 new subforums, then we'd maybe have 1 new topic per subforum. I think this idea will make sense when off topic is flooded with off topic threads spanning various subject areas.