More speed

HondaWoman1207

My husband truck is four wheel drive and I don't think his seat move. It will be hard because he has long legs. My mother in law don't like anyone driving her car unless its her husband. That's the only two vehicles in the family that are manual.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Knowing how to drive a stick is a great thing to know throughout your life. Once you get it down, it sticks forever. The only thing that changes is getting used to the car you're driving. I've gone from my Civic to a 400HP Subaru to a 500+HP domestic. It's all pretty much the same, except some clutches feel like you're trying to move 200 pounds lol.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to learn but not in a truck that is four speed that's what my husband has and I don't think my in laws will let me drive their 2011 mustang that is six speed. I can get the shifting right its just the clutch when I have to stop and take off. With me being only 5'5 I would have to eat the steering wheel to push the clutch in lol. I have certain body parts that are big and will get in the way lol. Im willing to learn but not in a truck or a new car and that's all I have to learn in. Its sad that I had to teach myself to drive because I had no one to help me. I don't have any friends here to help me, so learning will be hard. I would kill it more than I would make it go lol.
:smackself

I'm 5.4, with very short legs and a long torso. My seat is 1 notch back from being all the way forward. The lumbar leans a bit further back though in fear of the airbag killing me since I haven't disabled it yet.

I started driving when I was 12 or 13, and wasn't quite full height yet, and it was with a stick. A late 80s s10, then an early 90s cavalier. My neighbor is short and fat, she has a brand new GTI that is a manual.

All I hear are a bunch of excuses.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We're not trying to come after you, we're just telling you like it is. And giving you OUR honest opinion, which is in fact what you asked for.

HondaWoman1207

I really don't want to try learnig in a 5.0 mustang though that is wanting to kill yourself lol. I can try his truck but fords scare me lol. He has been having trouble with gears :/.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And now why are you scared of Fords? Are you scared of everything?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And now why are you scared of Fords? Are you scared of everything?
:lol:

I drive my buddy's '89 5.0 all the time. It really isn't that bad. As long as it has a factory clutch, you'll be just fine. It doesn't hurt to try. Stop making excuses.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really don't want to try learnig in a 5.0 mustang though that is wanting to kill yourself lol. I can try his truck but fords scare me lol. He has been having trouble with gears :/.
if you're worried about killing yourself in a 5.0 then maybe you shouldnt be looking into methods of adding horsepower to your civic...

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im sorry i feel like we're all being really mean and not very welcoming, but you're seriously coming up with a unreasonable excuse to everything we are suggesting...

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't get it...it's a friggin 5.0. They're not that fast. Of course anything slower than a 13 is slow feeling to me. The only time I've gotten 'scared' when driving was my buddy's 10 second civic. THAT scared ish out of me just trying to take off and then "slightly" getting on it.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
eh guys some people just don't want a manual, or even to learn. nothing wrong with that

5.0 might not be all that fast but it's a beast (had one in my 2000 mercury mountaineer 4x4)

but 13mpg got old

the best answer is that you're not going to get much faster, period. Your choice is to turbo, or swap but other than that there are no bolt on devices that will magically make the D series motor fast. I have a header, intake, exhaust, AND 5 speed and its still slow as poo. but it's as fast as it can be without some serious modding because these cars were built for economy NOT speed. People build them for speed, by pretty much changing everything about them

If you're looking for a fast car I recommend either turbo, swap or sell and buy something faster. Thats really you're only options other than just live with have a slow car that gets good gas mileage

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Guys.... I think the OP get's the point. I'm going to leave it with this: If you don't like it, don't click it.

Last edited:

Mern

Come at me bro.
Yeah everyone needs to calm a bit haha, it's a thread and we're talking about cars no need to get mad.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Has anyone brought up the fact that the autos can't handle power? I didn't see it if someone did.

I also want to ask a very logical question...

What if you and your husband are out somewhere in his truck and he gets hurt and can't drive. Now what? You have to call someone to drive you both AND his truck home? I ask because it happened to me. My ex and I were out camping and I messed up my left knee so bad that I couldn't drive us home. We had to call a friend out (a hour and a half drive one way) to get us and then get my truck that I had at the time home because she couldn't drive stick. It was a pain in the ass.

My mom learned to drive stick in a 1970 Charger that has over 500 horsepower and a TON of torque. If she could do it in that, you can do it in a widdle ford pickup.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have to have thicker skin than that or you won't survive ANY forum as a noob. It's the name of the game...

We all went through it at one time or another.

You have to stop taking the internet so seriously. Brush it off and "sack up".

Decipher

Registered VIP
... My ex and I were out camping and I messed up my left knee so bad that I couldn't drive us home. We had to call a friend out (a hour and a half drive one way) to get us and then get my truck that I had at the time home because she couldn't drive stick. It was a pain in the ass.

Is this why she's your ex? lol