Most comfortable coilover?

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just picked up a 00 ex coupe on the cheaps

Not really going for performance this time(have an 04 cobra for that) more for looks this time around

Price aside, what is the absolute most comfortable coilover for the civic? I'm only looking for a 1.5 inch drop but i'm not tryin' to sacrifice ride quality for it since it'll be my daily.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i like OEM :what:

its all about what you like.

cobb2819

i like OEM :what:

its all about what you like.
so what springs would you recommend? i'm also looking at doing the same, and then adding a rear sway bar. all things considered i was thinking the koni yellow with ground control package, for a slightly more sporty feel, but not all the way stiff like most coilovers

FlexdXJ

5+ Year Member
Just picked up a 00 ex coupe on the cheaps

Not really going for performance this time(have an 04 cobra for that) more for looks this time around

Price aside, what is the absolute most comfortable coilover for the civic? I'm only looking for a 1.5 inch drop but i'm not tryin' to sacrifice ride quality for it since it'll be my daily.
Check out the Tokico HP struts and springs. They go for around $400 on Ebay and lower the car about 1.25 or if you wanna get something adjustable check out the Illumina struts and springs, they are a couple hundred more.

mattliston

5+ Year Member
OEM struts and springs are AMAZING with a rear sway bar

Most people never see the result of brand new OEM suspension, but believe mew, your car handles GREAT from the factory.

Run some chopped automatic front springs in the back.

Keep stock ride height.

Automatic springs are stiffer and they are much longer then rears

We do this in stock car divisions and we WASTE other cars so bad that we are having our cars inspected after each race, cause they think we are cheating.

MOFO we using OEM parts.

mattliston

5+ Year Member
We cut the automatic springs because they are physically taller then the rears

ONLY situation where cut springs work. I would never put cut springs up front

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would never put cut springs on any car I own period. Dumbest idea ever. Cheap people do it.

If you're going to do suspension, do it right the first time.

mattliston

5+ Year Member
My car was never on the street

strictly racing only

no street car I ever touch will ever have "black ingenuity" done to it

solex

I just did Eibach with stock struts and am very happy. I purchased used springs with around 2K miles (for $100) it looks great check out my prior post. Also the ride is comfortable but a bit more sure footed.

cobb2819

i was thinking about the eibach pro damper kit with struts and spring combo. can get it relatively cheap.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm going to keep raving about my Teins. I absolutely love them, and my ex has them on his 06 TL and they ride like a dream on the TL as well. They start at $800.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm a huge fan of function and form type 1 coilovers

solex

OEM struts and springs are AMAZING with a rear sway bar

Most people never see the result of brand new OEM suspension, but believe mew, your car handles GREAT from the factory.

Run some chopped automatic front springs in the back.

Keep stock ride height.

Automatic springs are stiffer and they are much longer then rears

We do this in stock car divisions and we WASTE other cars so bad that we are having our cars inspected after each race, cause they think we are cheating.

MOFO we using OEM parts.

What year Civic are you referring to and what sway bar do you recommend? Do your comments apply to an 03 Civic EX coupe