Motor swap for 2000 civic ex???

Race2nguyenEM1

I have a 2000 civic ex with a d16y8 motor for my first car. I wanna get an engine swap,probably a b16a. I have a couple questions, how much do you guys think it might cost and is it worth it.

slomotion

Banned
I have a 2000 civic ex with a d16y8 motor for my first car. I wanna get an engine swap,probably a b16a. I have a couple questions, how much do you guys think it might cost and is it worth it.
if ur picky and have a little more coin save yourself the trouble sell the EX and buy a 99-00 Si. you will have a B16a2 for a base, and thats not bad. the EX can be made into a monster, price, idk you could build your ex to take 15 pounds for the end cost of a good B18C swap. or close i think. g.l.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
B16's are garbage.. I dont know why all the noobs think this is the best engine?!

If i were you, use the money from the swap for a good turbo kit and then you will have some power. The d16 and B16 are the same displacement, one has DOHC and better flowing head. Both engines are great candidates for boost.

check out www.go-autoworks.com and check out the dyno sheets for #'s

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
D16 if you are short on cash, parts are easily sourced. If your car doesn't have an engine to begin with, spen the extra money and get the B16.

Matt316

how is b16 bad? i personally like it. but i replace the crank,rod,piston with a GSR crank and rod with LS piston in my b16a block. the head has type r manifold, 450cc injectors, t3/t4 turbo, stage 3 act clutch, hks bov, tial wastegate, with uberdata tune and it runs great.... it's all how you build it thats all...

sixwhip14

5+ Year Member
I can tell you personally that the b16a2 in the si has issues with the
piston rings sometime past the 100k mark. You have a good base to start
with. The b18c1 swap is what you want. About 3000 for everything you need.
Perhaps a bit more. You need a header and mounts too that doesn't come with it.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member