motor swap in a 6th gen?

lightpost08

5+ Year Member
which would be better?

a gsr in a 6th gen with a b16 tranny (found a gsr head and block + intake manifold for $800)

or

a jdm b20b in a 6th gen with a b16 tranny (found a jdm with b20b new oil pump, rings, and bearings for 600 obo)

(the tranny WILL NOT change, so dont advise that i get another tranny cause of high rpms etc, lol)

and lastly a jdm b20 with eagle rods and 12.5 pistons with block guard, new oil pump, rings, and bearngs for 1100obo...is that a good deal?

what would the primary purpose be of the eagle rods/pistons...will it be faster than a stock b20b, or will it just allow for boost? if for boost, isnt that somewhat counterprodcutive since the b20s have weak cylinder walls? and i know sleeving is like 900+.

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
whats ur primary purpose for the car???....the eagle rods are much stronger than stock and since its a high compression motor (thanks to the 12.5 pistons) its kind of a good addition/precaution, and its def not a turbo motor, boost + high comp = BAD...if its ur DD i'd go with the gsr and call it a day even though b20's can be fun, you cant be the beauty of hearing a crossover :drool: hope that helped

lightpost08

5+ Year Member
yea it helped somewhat. I know the eagles/rods are stronger, but I was wondering what exactly that would do for me outside of boost, lol.

so the gsr(head and block only) is a good deal?

also came across a poor man's type r for 1000 obo