Motor week 2006 civic

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the guy who ran 14.1 with his si had a timeslip and a video... what more could you need?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MR99si said:
Makes sense to me a wrx that weighs what 100lbs less than a GT mustang and has almost 100ft lbs less torque can keep up. AWD helps but not that much! Not calling anyone a liar or anything but the #'s just don't add up. I have driven two 260hp gt's and a wrx, the wrx simply isn't as fast in the 1/4 mile.
Says the butt dyno, the most reliable source on earth.

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
Says the butt dyno, the most reliable source on earth.
No...................says common sense! ;)

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MR99si said:
No...................says common sence! ;)
you must mean common sense?

If you dont launch a wrx, it is a mid to high 14 second car. Hence why a stang will feel faster. But if launched it will land low 14s,at a slower trap speed than the gt but crossing the line POSSIBLY before it.

If you even check out the sticky in the track forum it has a wrx running faster than the 2004 gt.

I dont know how many times i have to explain it?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MR99si said:
No...................says common sence! ;)
Hmm...well your common sense seems to go against the numbers. You can't say which car is faster just by driving it. My car runs a 15.7 and doesn't feel as fast as my friends buick that runs a 15.7 because it has a 350 in it. His car has a lot more low end, but my top end makes up for it. The butt dyno sucks. And AWD does make a big difference ;)

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
Hmm...well your common sense seems to go against the numbers. You can't say which car is faster just by driving it. My car runs a 15.7 and doesn't feel as fast as my friends buick that runs a 15.7 because it has a 350 in it. His car has a lot more low end, but my top end makes up for it. The butt dyno sucks. And AWD does make a big difference ;)
Not only have I driven them I have seen vids, illegal drags, legal drags & the factory #'s (gt is faster this is just reality) And as far as AWD making this huge difference well yeah if your runnin against a FWD car that has no power to begin with! Take a AWD lambo gallardo or Murcielago 500+ hp and compare that to the 505hp ZO6 which is rear wheel drive now is awd really that helpful? If I'm not mistaken the rear wheel drive vette is quicker in the 1/4 mile & 0-60! :what:

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BoxinEJ20 said:
you must mean common sense?

There happy, tired after a long day!

If you dont launch a wrx, it is a mid to high 14 second car. Hence why a stang will feel faster. But if launched it will land low 14s,at a slower trap speed than the gt but crossing the line POSSIBLY before it.

If you even check out the sticky in the track forum it has a wrx running faster than the 2004 gt.

I dont know how many times i have to explain it?

Hey if thats what you believe then great, the cars I have seen at the track that were launched hard ran mid 14's.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah the si that ran a 14.1 had slips and a video to prove it. 15.6 though c'mon... was grandma taking it for a spin?