mpfi injector issue

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
so i just put a new head gasket on my d15b2 but it also has the mpfi swap on it. but now that ive done it im getting an injector code so im wondering is there any way to test and see what injector isnt working? i think i have an idea cause i swaped out my old exhaust manifold with a header cause the old one was cracked and now my headers are starting to take there golden color but one looks more silvery then gold so im betting its my number 3 cylinder thats out....but is there any other way to tell?

James315

i cant help you on any way to test it but my best advice i can give is i would check my wiring maybe a loose conection and what code are you getting?

gugiey

Registered VIP
so i just put a new head gasket on my d15b2 but it also has the mpfi swap on it. but now that ive done it im getting an injector code so im wondering is there any way to test and see what injector isnt working? i think i have an idea cause i swaped out my old exhaust manifold with a header cause the old one was cracked and now my headers are starting to take there golden color but one looks more silvery then gold so im betting its my number 3 cylinder thats out....but is there any other way to tell?
a quick and simple way to test fuel injectors is to have your car running . And one at a time . Pull off one connector for a injector you will be able to hear the cylinder that you pulled start misfiring . If there's no change then your injector isn't firing .

mhorton

can't you also do the screwdriver 'stethoscope' to hear which is not clicking?